6

september 5

"hey, minho, wanna hear a joke?"

"sure, go for it."

"okay, what do you call an old snowman?"

"i don't know, what?"

"water."

"oh my god..."

jisung just laughed and laughed, mostly at minho's reaction.

"good, right?"

"kind of dark, if you think about it." minho finally let out a laugh himself, rolling over to check the time quickly. it was 11:32. "if you told a kid that joke, it might upset them."

"i don't go around telling random kids jokes, that's weird."

"i agree. i get to tell a joke back, by the way."

"okay, shoot." minho thought for a second, then decided on the dumbest dad joke he could think of.

"why did the tomato blush?" at jisung's silence, he continued. "because he saw the salad dressing."

"what a pervert..."

"come on, laugh a little!"

"ha ha ha, minho, you're so funny."

"thank you, thank you." minho rolled his eyes at the sarcasm that was almost dripping from jisung's voice.

"oh, darn it!"

"what's wrong?" minho asked, feeling slightly confused by the boy's sudden outburst.

"i ran out of film for my polaroid camera."

"what were you taking pictures of?" minho laughed quietly.

"i just took like, four selfies." jisung answered, making minho laugh harder.

"why?"

"i don't know, just felt like it, i guess. i'll have to go to the store tomorrow."

"ew, social interaction."

"tell me about it."

minho felt content talking to jisung, and had even started feeling excited for their little conversations before minho went to bed. and to think, he had disliked jisung just a few weeks ago. 

"it's nearly midnight, so i think i'll let you sleep, now. or, as you would say, i'll shut the fuck up now."

"okay, great. thanks."

"ouch, minho."

"sorry." minho chuckled to himself. "talk to you tomorrow?"

"mhm. sleep well."

"i'll try, thank you. goodnight, jisung."

"goodnight."