4

august 27

it was a quarter-past eleven pm when minho finally got back to his apartment. classes had started that day, and he was exhausted, so ready to change into some comfy clothes and go to bed. he was praying that jisung would also be tired for once, so he wouldn't have to be woken up at an ungodly hour.

minho dropped his stuff off in his bedroom, going to the dresser to pick out some clothes. he settled on a plain black tee-shirt and some shorts, changing into the outfit quickly and then sliding into bed, laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"minho, are you awake...?"

well, at least he was talking to him now instead of at 3 in the morning.

"yeah." minho answered.

"how were your classes today?" jisung asked.

"fine. i just got back."

"you took night classes, too?" 

"sure did." minho was far too tired to give the boy proper answers to any of his questions.

"what are you majoring in?" 

"dance."

"that's so cool. i thought about taking an arts major, but decided not to."

"oh." after a moment, minho continued. "what are you majoring in, then?"

"emergency medical technology."

"jisung, that's amazing." minho's mouth fell open at jisung's answer. he had a sudden feeling of admiration towards his neighbor. "makes my dance major look silly." minho chuckled. he could hear jisung quietly laughing, too.

"i want to be a paramedic, i want to be able to save peoples' lives."

"why not be a doctor then? like, one that works in the hospital rather than just the ambulance?"

"honestly? less years of college." a laugh escapes minho's lips at jisung's answer.

"i see." he says. after a moment of comfortable silence, jisung speaks again.

"you sound tired, so i'll let you go to sleep, now."

"thank you," minho murmurs, already halfway passed out. "try to be quiet, if you're staying up, please. the walls are thin."

"no promises."

but minho slept happily through the night without being woken up even once.