8: Cross Me

Bailey's POV

The wind passed through my hair, my legs moving towards the football field. Today were the football tryouts and Harry had been practicing every day ever since he decided he wanted to get back to playing. I had rarely seen him, but with me studying and catching up with classes, I didn't mind if I was going to be busy either way.

I'd agreed to meet up with him after the tryouts, but he didn't know I was going to actually watch them. I thought I wasn't going to make it because I had a class at the same time, but the professor cancelled class half an hour before it started, so I had an open window to go and support my boyfriend.

Our friends had classes at the same time, but I promised I'd give them updates on how the tryouts would play out. We had a secret chat between me, Niall, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Adrienne. Nelly wasn't added in because she didn't want to, but I'm sure Liam would keep her up to date.

I reach the bleachers and I notice that I'm not the only one who's watching the tryouts. A group of girls sit at the top of the bleachers, talking amongst themselves and giggling as they point at the guys warming up on the field. I pass throughout the pathway and make my way to the other side of the bleachers. I sit down on the bottom bleacher and my eyes try to pinpoint Harry.

I find him almost immediately, talking amongst a group of three guys, all four of them laughing as they await for the coach to get to the field. I smile, not surprised that he's already making friends. Harry was one to socialize and be friendly with everyone around him.

I receive a message from the group chat, which Louis has set to make as: "Harry's Hoes (except Adrienne, she's mine)."

Louis: How's the boy doing?

Me: They haven't started yet, but I think the coach should be coming any minute now.

Liam: Sending luck!

Louis: Between us, if he gets wacked in the face, record it!

Adrienne: Don't listen to him.
Adrienne: Louis, the professor keeps looking your way, and your dumb ass has your phone out on top of the table!

Louis: He won't do shit. Hahahaha
Louis: Besides, this is way more important than the boring shit we're learning.

Liam: Let us know if anything changes please, Bailey.

I hear a whistle and look up, seeing the coach arrived and is on the field with the guys. They all form in a line as he approaches them and I notice the girls behind me quieting down.

Me: The coach is here! I'll let you know what happens x

Liam: Sounds good, kid!

Louis: remember to record! :)

Adrienne: Shut up, Louis.

Louis: 😒👋

I lock my phone and pay attention to what's going on in the field. The coach starts off with talking to them, and I can't hear what he's saying but afterwards they stay in the line and try to score a point by swinging the ball to the other half of the field with their arm. I wait until it's Harry's turn. Before, some guys made it while others were close to the line.

Harry shifts his legs on the field, finding the right position. He scans the opposite side where he's supposed to throw the ball before he steps back, with his lips caught in between his teeth in concentration. He holds the ball with both hands before he pulls back, only holding the call in one before he reaches back and throws it across. We watch as the football spins in the air and reaches a little bit farther than the line.