Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

........................Aria's Point of View..............

I could barely open my eyes and barely see anything at all. Then I heard someone ask me my name it was a male voice. I could barely talk but I somehow managed to say "Aria". I then looked around as best as I could which was where I saw a window. That is all I could make out. I then finally said " where am I?" very softly, barely able to speak still.

"Your in the hospital honey" my mom said as she reached for one of my hands.

I didn't even notice she was there until she spoke I them looked over at her trying to open my eyes more and I let her hold my hand. Then I said "mom?" questioning if it was her this time my voice finally came out normally.

"Yes Aria it is me." she said and half way smiled.

"How long have I been here?" I said with my eyes now closed.

" You have been in here a about a week" she said softly.

"So will I get out" I then took a deep breath trying to speak again " by my birthday" I managed to get out of my mouth.

"I am afraid not dear." my mom said while stroking my hair.

" Why not" I said finally get my eyes all the way open to look at her. I then noticed birthday balloons and gifts everywhere.

"Your birthday has already past." she said looking sad.

"Oh I thought it was a month away." I said.

"No honey you were in a wreck week before your birthday." she said then she kissed my forehead.

"So when was my birthday?" I managed to get out while tears started to form in my eyes.

"It was yesterday honey I am so sorry. I love you Aria." she said then dried the tears that were coming from my eyes at this point. " You need to rest." and then she said " I am going to see how the guy who was in the other car is doing." then kissed me on the forehead and left.

I hope the guy is ok I thought I then fell asleep. Then I woke up by someone tapping me on the shoulder I looked at them and it was Clay and Haley. I would know those to anywhere. They both started talking really fast and at the same time and I couldn't understand either one of them so I have them a blank look and said " um hello?"

Then they both turned to me and said "sorry."

"What ... were ... you ... saying ... Haley? I said though I had to take a deep between each word.

They could tell it wasn't a good time so they said they would come back later.

........................Ezra's Point of View..............

" Ok so let me get this straight. I was in a wreck and hit your daughter and she just woke up?" I said thinking this is crazy.

" Yes you did." Aria's mom said.

" I am so sorry I had no idea I just woke up a few hours ago." I said.

" Well I think you should go and see her and say I am sorry." the woman said to me.

" Ok I will if the doctor says I can" I said.

" So call the doctor in." she said being a little pushy I thought.

"Ok I am." I said and I pressed the button on my bed for the doctor or nurse or whoever.

A nurse then came in and said "Can I help you Ezra?"

"Yes I was wondering if I could walk around a minute." I said.

"I don't know I will have to ask the doctor and he will have to see you first." the nurse said.

"Ok thank you." I said and smiled as best as I could though I was in a good deal of pain.

"Your welcome" the nurse said as she walked out of the door.