Chapter Seventeen: Heroine

The beautiful girl which stood out among the crowd, Pandora De Lune, really lives up to her status as the female lead. Her beautiful white dress fluttering along the wind made her look angelic and innocent. And she just has this type of aura that draws people's attention in and would make you look at her for time and time again.

As if the system have heard her thoughts, [That's the effect of the protagonist's golden halo host.]

Ohh. Is there an event like this in the novel?

[Yes host. This'll be the part where Winston will start to become interested in Pandora.]

Serenity's eyes sparkled with curiosity and anticipation. Silently following Pandora she stopped when she noticed Lindsey rushing over to Pandora.

Serenity turned her head to the other side to avoid Lindsey noticing her. She immediately went inside a restaurant that has a balcony that overviews the street where Pandora and Lindsey are currently in.

"Good afternoon young miss." A cute waitress sporting a pixie cut enthusiastically greeted.

"Good afternoon," Serenity greeted back, "Is there an available table on the balcony?"

The waitress nodded, "Yes young miss. Follow me please."

Serenity was then led to a staircase covered with a beautiful ivory colored cashmere carpet that leads to the second floor. There aren't a lot of people here at the restaurant which is why Serenity could easily get the table on the balcony.

The balcony is wide enough to fit three tables, each accompanied by two chairs. Obviously the balcony is a place made for couples because of the decorations, as if the two chairs weren't indication enough. The red velvet cloth covering the tables, flowers and candles adorning the middle and beautiful roses growing along the balcony's railings, completely contrasting its white color.

It's a good thing though that there aren't any couples eating there as Serenity would've stuck out like a sore thumb.

"What would you like young miss?"

"I'll just have chamomile tea and a slice of strawberry shortcake please." Serenity already ate a lot of pastries so she planned on eating only light foods.

When the waitress finally left her alone, Serenity turned her attention to the spectacle happening on the street.

Tell me what is happening down there, system.

[In the story, Pandora has always been confined in the Prime Minister's residence with the guise of being sickly by Dorothy De Lune, Lindsey's mother, to avoid Pandora outshining her daughter. But when Dorothy De Lune went back to her maiden home to visit her family, Pandora took this chance to escape while no one is monitoring her actions. Unfortunately, Pandora was discovered by Lindsey.]

[The two immediately drew the crowd's attention. Pandora having fed up of always keeping her head down and acting dumb, argued back taking both the crowd and Lindsey by surprise. And also caught Winston's attention.]

True to the system's words, Lindsey started screaming at Pandora and scolding her which immediately garnered the crowd's attention. What made Pandora snap was when Lindsey gave her a hard slap. As if something broke inside Pandora as she glared at Lindsey coldly making her flinch.

She couldn't particularly hear their conversation as she was a bit high up and the crowd's murmuring doesn't help. But Serenity could tell how with just a few words from Pandora, Lindsey was shaking from anger and even attempted to scratch Pandora's face. Only for Pandora to sidestep and easily avoid her causing Lindsey to fall to the ground evoking murmurs and laughs from the crowd.