Promise

Ashton:

"How's Megan?" Calum asked as I entered through the door.

"Fucking great," I growled and slammed the door shut.

"Whoa," Luke said with wide eyes. "Sure, doesn't seem like it."

"No, she's perfectly fine. She's having the time of her life having sex with another guy," I nearly yelled.

"Megan?" Calum asked.

"Are you sure?" Michael questioned.

"Yeah, that doesn't sound like her," Luke added.

"Apparently it is like her or else she wouldn't have done it," I seethed out, trying to calm myself down.

"Here," Michael said getting out of his seat. "How about we go to a bar and try to get you laid or something?"

"It's not that easy, Michael, I think I loved her," I shook my head.

"Ashton, trust me," Calum said putting a hand on my shoulder. "You'll get over her."

It didn't seem like it. How was I supposed to just forget about her like that? It wouldn't feel right to kiss someone else or hold their hand. It just wouldn't.

We were together for three years. Why would she want to do this now? I thought we actually had something, but I guess not. Maybe she tried to convince herself that she loved me or maybe it was a lie the whole time. This I will never know.

"You know what?" I said, making all of the boys' gazes turn back to me. "I am kind of in the mood for a drink."

"Really?" Luke asked, head peeking up slightly.

"Yeah," I nodded and followed them out the door to the van. If anything was going to happen, it was going to be me forgetting about Megan, even if it was only temporary.

The bar was pretty crowded since it was the evening. And the crowd was already rowdy. I sat on the bar's stool, Luke and Calum taking the seat on either side of me while Michael sat next to Calum.

"Four beers on tap," Michael ordered as soon as the bartender came around.

The bartender nodded his head and got out the large glasses to pour the beer into. "So, mate," Calum started some conversation with Michael. I sat there, still trying to get my mind off Megan.

"Ashton," I looked over at Luke. "Just try not to think about her. Tonight is your night and she was stupid to even think about letting you go,"

"I don't think that was her plan, mate."

"Whatever, you know what I mean," he shrugged. I nodded my head and smiled.

"Thanks," I said.

"My pleasure," he responded with a smile. "No, really. I will never turn down a drink."

"We'll see about that," I smirked, taking a sip of my beer as soon as the bartender set them in from of us.

-

"Girls are stupid, they are monsters who break your heart and don't care about the remains." I said, just a tiny bit drunk.

"Yeah, dude, totally. Girls are vicious." Michael agreed with squinty eyes. He leaned closer, the smell of alcohol so strong that Ashton had to turn away for a moment.

"I think I'm done with girls," I shook my head and finished off the beer that had been sitting in front of me for the last five minutes.

"You're going gay?" Luke asked in a dazed tone.

"No," I laughed making the others join my laughing fit. "I just mean that I'm going to stay single for a long, long time. Until I know it's right."

"Oh," Calum drew out the word.

"Will you guys stay single with me?" I pouted my lips. I didn't want to be the loner idiot that had to third wheel all the time with my best friends.

"Of course, man," Michael slapped my back, making me wince in a pain.

"Yeah," Calum agreed.

"Sure!"

"Promise?" I pressed them for answers. I may have been drunk, but I think I meant it. I didn't care that people were looking at us weird. I didn't care if I was being selfish. All I knew in that moment was that this was what proved them all to be my best friends. This was what made them so great.

"Promise," they all said together, which was actually really creepy.

"Good," I nodded my head. At least I wouldn't be alone in this.

-

a/n

soo this is the first chapter and I'm so excited to write this! I think it's going to be a good one. or at least I hope it is.

OKAY SO HUGE SHOUTOUT AND DEDICATION TO @radiomuke BECAUSE SHE WAS NICE ENOUGH TO GIVE ME THIS IDEA AND SHE IS BOSS SO IF YOU DONT GO CHECK HER OUT THEN ILL BE VV SAD. SHE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING OKAY?

anyway thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! btw of you comment you will be one of my favorite people on earth and most likely get a dedication because I'm just that type of person.

tysm

-carlee:))))