Not So Secret Admirer

Luke:

I placed the stack of newspapers on Abigail's friend's kitchen counter. "I found these and thought that they could help you figure out what you want to do."

"Cool," she said, picking one up and examining it. "Thanks."

"No problem," I smiled and picked one up myself.

"Seriously," she added sincerely. "For everything."

"I know," I nodded at her.

We both decided to go to her friend's apartment and look through some newspapers. Her friend was usually out and about and she decided that she could take advantage of it. Surprisingly enough, her friend's apartment was in the same building as mine.

"You know," she began. "Maybe I should just work at McDonald's."

"What?" I asked, confused by her randomness.

"Or Nando's," she suggested, still flicking through the pages of the newspaper.

"If you're hinting at me that you're hungry, then you can just tell me," I chuckled.

"I'm getting kind of hungry," she said, finally looking up at me. Her blue eyes are darker shade of blue today and I could probably stare into them all day. But I wouldn't because for one that would probably make her think that I was some creepy guy. Which I kind of was.

She noticed me staring for a little too long and blushed. "So, I guess, we can go to Nando's."

She nodded her head and followed me out the door. I made sure not to stare at her the whole walk and that was honestly really hard. When we got to Nando's, I pulled out a chair for her to sit in while I went to order us some Spicy Peri Peri chicken. Good thing we had the same taste in foods.

We hardly talked as we waited for the food to come out, mostly because she had decided it was best to bring a couple newspapers with her, so she could flick through them and not waste any time. The waitress that brought out our food had her strawberry blonde hair pulled into a side braid.

I wondered how girls could make a braid and manage to keep them that neat during the day. I mean, I would've made a knot. That would keep their hair out of their faces wouldn't it? Then I realized the waitress was looking at me expectantly, her dark eyes looked over me. Oh, shit. She must have said something to me.

"Wait, what?" I said with an embarrassing blush coming to my cheeks. The waitress was pretty hot with her her curvy hips and red lipstick.

"I asked if you wanted something to drink," she smirked slightly at my nearly speechless state. I couldn't help it as my eyes raked up and down her body and visibly gulping. She put one hand on her hip and watched with her head tilted slightly.

"Coke," my voice cracked on the end and I almost face palmed myself in front of her.

"Coming right up," she said slyly and swayed her hips as she walked away. I felt sweat form at the top of my forehead. Then I look at Abbey, who was looking at me with an obvious frown etched on her delicate features.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," she said blandly and picked up the newspaper so I couldn't see her face.

What the hell crawled up her pants?

Abbey is a very sweet girl, but it wasn't like I was in a relationship with her. I liked her, that was pretty clear, but I promised Ashton no girlfriends. And that's what he's going to get. Who cared about relationships, right? I was young and free and needed to love my life to the fullest!

Oh, god, I sounded like a tumblr girl.

Well, to put it shortly, I am not going to get involved with Abbey. Simple as that. I could be friends with a girl. I nodded my head at myself as if to confirm this.

When we left the restaurant, the recite contained a note on the back.

'Call me at 700-345-3454 -Valerie'

I read it over and over again trying to decide whether it was a good idea to keep it or toss it. I looked over at Abbey who was about two feet shorter than me. I almost felt guilty for even having the girl's digits. I remembered Ashton's request once again and thought it over in my head. Ashton needed me to be a good friend and I needed to live up to his request. I just went over this in my head like fifteen minutes ago. I gave Abbey one last glance.

Fuck it.

I stuffed the recite in my pocket and dug my hands in there to keep them warm. Maybe I would give Valerie a call later.

♡♡♡

okay it's been like a million years since I last updated I'm sorry :(((

and I know... another sucky chapter.

do people even like this I mean idek...?

thanks for sticking with me!

I will try to update faster this next time.