The Heroic Towels

Calum:

Luke came back the other night shaken up about something, but he refused to talk about what it was. Who goes out to get lunch and comes back at like eight?And Michael. Don't get me started on how weird he's being. Well, weirder than usual.

I looked through my bathroom again for no reason in particular. And then the expected happened. I got bored.

Maybe I could go find the other boys and annoy them?

Suddenly a knock came to the door and I yelled, "I'll get it!" Only because I had nothing better to do.

I ran through the living room, toppling over the couch and stepping on Michael's keyboard. He glared at me and slapped my legs as I continued to move. I gave him a falsely apologetic shrug, opened the door, and my mouth dropped to the floor. Shit.

The girl with raven hair smiled hesitantly. "Hi, I know this is a weird question, but can I borrow some paper towels?"

"Paper towels?" I asked, still a little too stunned to say much else. Did God just give me a blessing?

"Yeah, I am all out and I just made the biggest mess in my apartment," she said, running a hand through her hair in frustration.

"Sure, come inside," I gestured for her to come in. She hesitantly came in, eyes observing the apartment.

"So, I'm guessing you're a neighbor?" I asked as I started to go through a cabinet.

She nodded her head. "I have just moved in not too long ago."

"Oh, that's nice," I smirked slightly. "My name is Calum."

"I am Evelyn," she said.

I observed her as I grabbed a roll of paper towels or whatever you're supposed to call it. Her form of speech and clothes told me that she was of some importance in some way.

"Here you go," I handed her the towel roll.

"Thank you," she said and took them. "I appreciate your help."

"Why don't you give me your number?" I asked. "In case you need anything else."

"Alright, I guess I could do that," she replied obliviously, quickly writing her digits on a random piece of paper on the counter.

"Goodbye, Calum," she waved as she left. I waved back and then did a mini air pump. I got a super hot girl's number!

"Hey, Calum," Luke said as he entered the kitchen. "Hand me that grocery list?"

I stared at him. I couldn't let any of the other guys know I just got Evelyn's number, they would get mad at me for not keeping my promise to Ashton. "No."

"Fine, I'll get it," Luke rolled his eyes and walked over near to where I was. I snatched up the paper just before Luke could grasp it.

"You can't use this one," I shook my head.

"Why not?" Luke raised his eyebrows.

"I'll make you a new one," I dodged the question.

"Calum! My mum is going to kill me if I don't get all the fucking items on that list, so give me!" he groaned.

"No, I'll get the groceries!" I yelled running out of the apartment.

"You forgot a wallet you idiot!" Luke yelled and something hard hit the back of my head. I whined and grumbled some profanities as i picked up the brown leather wallet from the ground. A Spider-Man sticker was stuck to the back and I rolled my eyes at how childish Michael could be.

I didn't really want to go get some stupid groceries, but I guess I would have to endure the embarrassment.

Don't worry they weren't for the boys and me. We're manlier than that! Well, at least I am. They were actually for Luke's mother, hence why Luke was getting the groceries. Why I was using Michael's wallet? Because I sure as hell wasn't gonna use mine. Sucker, I thought and snickered.

I felt bad for even thinking about breaking Ashton's promise. Maybe I shouldn't. I wouldn't be a very good friend if I did. Maybe I could just stay friends with Evelyn or maybe less than that? No, I did want to get to know her because she actually seemed sort of cool. And hot. She just talked like my grandmother. I giggled at the thought.

Yes, men giggle, too.

Don't judge.

-

a/n

cal pal bishes!!!

Evelyn on the side xx

today is Halloween and I'm being a nurse oh

what are you guys doing/being for Halloween?

hope you liked the chapter! next one will be up soon cause I love writing this.

-carlee:))))