Chapter 11 - Marilyn Isn't Dead

A Week Later

Jackie was opening the curtains in the bedroom when Jack spoke. “Well Marilyn’s alive and well.”

Jackie laughed. “What are the press saying about it?”

“They’re shocked but glad she’s back.” Jack replied.

Jackie smiled and lay back down beside him. “What are they saying about me ditching Clint at the alter?”

“Nothing, no one cares.”

Jackie smiled. “Good.”

Caroline and John came in. “Why’s everyone talking about Marilyn?” John questioned.

“It doesn’t matter.” Jack smiled, ruffling his son’s hair.

“I don’t know how she could go back to her normal life.” Jackie said.

Jack shrugged. “It’s her choice, but I know I’m happy.”

Caroline smiled.

LA

Marilyn and Joe sat on the patio of their beach front mansion doing their first major interview. “So Mrs Di Maggio, the obvious question first. Why did you fake your own death?”

Marilyn smiled. “I was tired of the media, but then I realised how much I missed acting and being with Joe so I just had to come back.”

“Do you plan on starting a family?”

Marilyn looked at Joe. “Yes.”

“Your wedding was low key obviously but where was it and who was your bridesmaid?”

“It was in New York, my bridesmaid was a very close friend of mine and a woman I admire very much.”

“Mr Di Maggio, are you happy to be married to Marilyn again?”

“Yes, very much.”

Appalachian Mountains

“Jackie!” Jack exclaimed.

She came running in from the kitchen. “What?”

“I was just listening to Marilyn’s interview; she just said she admires you.”

Jackie raised her eyebrow. “And why shouldn’t she? After everything she did to me.”

Jack smiled. “Ok I’m sorry.”

She nodded and went back to what she was doing.