Chapter 1:

• Dedicated to All of my Natasha Stark Readers

Tasha: We landed on the runway, and the door to the plane opened. There stood Pepper, arms folded, tears in her eyes.

As I walked up to her, she shook her head at me. “You have no idea what you've put me through,” she said, although her voice wasn't scolding so much as relief.

“Hey, whatever I've put you through, I've probably put Tony though more,” I said, shrugging. She rolled her eyes.

“Come on you little rat,” she muttered jokingly.

We got in the car. “You have no idea how worried I was!” Pepper continued, “I got that note, and then I couldn't get a hold of you, and then when I finally did, it was Tony, and you were hurt, and then I didn't hear anything else until the media was covering DC.”

“Pepper,” I said, “I'm fine. We're both fine. Nothing to worry about.”

“Oh really?” Tony asked, “I would beg to differ.”

“Hey, I helped save the world,” I said, “I think that should count for getting out of punishment.”

“Well, I suppose,” Pepper muttered.

“I think you should tell Pepper about your new boyfriend, then see what she thinks of letting you off scott free,” Tony said.

“Boyfriend?” Pepper asked.

“He's not necessarily my boyfriend,” I said.

“Oh really? Did my eyes deceive me when you kissed him?” Tony asked.

“Kissed who?”

“He's 9 years older than me, I doubt he's really all that interested. It was probably just a tactic or whatever,” I said.

“Who?!” Pepper asked.

“Correction, it's more like 79 years older than you. And he's interested,” Tony said, “Believe me.”

“Now I got it. Wait, you hit it off with Captain America?” Pepper asked.

“You really think he's into me?” I asked.

“I'm invisible!” Pepper muttered.

“I know he's into you. I've never seen him like this with anyone, not even Nick Fury. The way he seems to kiss his butt you'd think otherwise,” Tony said.

I laughed, but I felt relieved. So someone else thought he feel the same about me. “Wait, so you have something going with Captain America?” Pepper asked again.

“Sort of,” I said, “Its kind of confusing. I think it could turn out good though.”

“Nice,” she said, “How did you manage that?”

“I built him a shield,” I said, “He's attracted to red, white, and blue objects. The same way Tony is attracted to shiny things.”

“Don't I know,” Pepper laughed.

“Hey now!” Tony said.

“Would you deny it?” Pepper asked.

“Well...” Tony trailed off.

I laughed.

“So you're okay with this?” Tony asked.

“Provided she makes good decisions. And she takes it slow, sure,” Pepper said. I smiled.

“See, someone thinks I'm responsible,” I said smuggly.

“We'll see what you're saying when you aren't wearing SHEILD blend skin replacement,” Tony muttered, “Last I checked, that was the use of the exact opposite of responsible. That was stupid.”

“The opposite of responsible is careless. The opposite of stupid is smart,” I said.

“Whatever. You were that too,” Tony said.

“Tony, you don't have to be so harsh,” Pepper said, “She's fine. That's what matters.