Chapter 22:

Tasha: I called Steve on my way, making sure it was untraceable to everyone except me. "Tasha," Steve answered, "What's going on?"

"You sound worried," I said, "Where are you."

"On my way to SHIELD to stop Insight, why?" Steve asked.

"Okay I'll meet you there," I told Steve.

"What?" Steve asked, instantly worried.

"You need my help. Where should I meet you?" I asked.

"Tasha, no," Steve said.

"Right inside the landing platform doors. See you there," I said.

Steve: The line went dead. I cussed under my breath. "Stark?" Romanoff asked,

"You know the smaller, slightly less obnoxious one?"

"Yeah," I admitted.

"She better not be Hydra," Romanoff said.

"She's coming in as reinforcement, " I told her.

"My last point stands," Romanoff noted.

We got in. I headed to the landing strip, while Romanoff put on her disguise and was walked right in the front door. Tasha waited for us inside the door.

"How'd you get in?" I asked.

"A magician never reveals her secrets," she said, "By the way, love the vintage threads."

"What? " I asked, taken off guard.

"I'm helping you whether you like it or not," Tasha pointed out.

"No, Tasha, I'm not going to let you, " I said.

"Actually we could really use her," Sam pointed out, ""We should really use as many Avengers as we can get."

"I like him," Tasha said, pointing to Sam. Then she like looked at him in confusion, "Who are you exactly?"

"Sam Wilson, " Sam said, "Here to help."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Tasha Stark, " Tasha said.

"I out that one together, " Sam said.

"Can we move on with the plan?" Hill asked

"By all means," Tasha said, "We've been waiting on Steve."

"I hope you don't get hurt, Miss. Stark," I said, using my pet name for her in hopes it would make her give up.

"Me too," she said, "That would hurt."

"I'm not kidding Tasha," I said, "This is dangerous."

"I know, I'm not either," Tasha said.

"Tasha, this isn't just some game," I said.

"Could you two save it for the honeymoon?" Hill asked, "I don't know if you noticed this, Cap, but you're sort of a wanted man in a spangly suit, and you're being obnoxiously loud with your girlfriend." I was about to question how we knew we were dating when we arrived at a tech room, and Hill looked at the panel. "Dang," she muttered.

"What?" I asked.

"If it was like the rest of SHIELD it would be hand print scan and I would have access everywhere. But this one is a select personnel door. You have to swipe your ID," Hill said, "I don't have that."

"Well, if we can't open it, why don't we let them?" Tasha asked.

"What?" I asked.

"They're going to hear a static sound in a couple of seconds. They are going to want to check out the dish. They'll open the door, we'll go in," Tasha said.