Chapter 24:

Tasha: I later realized I had never been to Stark Tower. When I pulled up, I got out, staring at the huge building. Sometimes I forgot just how rich Tony was. He had been making efforts to turn it into Avengers tower.

I felt a rush as I remembered what had almost happened to it.

I walked up to the door and saw a panel.

"State your name and business here at Stark Tower," JARVIS said.

"Hey J Man!" I said, "Its Tasha."

"Tasha, I'll alert Tony you're here. Please come in," he said. I walked in. I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised by the decor of the Tower. It was similar to that of the house. The elevator opened. Tony stood, looking at me.

Tony: I was staring, terrified at the TV. "We are alerted Captain America has been admitted to the hospital here in DC. Iron Woman, Black Widow, and an unknown winged Super Hero's statuses have not been released, although we have reason to believe they as well have been admitted to the Hospital as well."

Tasha. She had to be okay. I should have been there. I could have protected here.

"Tony, there is an unexpected visitor," JARVIS said.

"Not now J," I said.

"It's Tasha," JARVIS notified me.

I raced to the elevator. When the doors opened again, Tasha ran up to me and hugged me.

"Oh Dad!" she said, "Oh my gosh, Dad."

"Thank God you're safe," I said, "Tasha what happened. The News doesn't know much. They said you had been admitted to the Hospital."

"I'm fine dad," she said, "Well, mostly. It was Hydra. They targeted everyone they saw as a threat. I thought you were going to die. You almost did." Tears were springing to her eyes.

"What?" I asked, "Hydra? Weren't they taken down in the 40s?"

"No, they were growing in SHIELD. They launched Project Insight," I said, "They targeted here."

"Are you okay?" I asked, knowing it was clear she was a little rattled.

"I've been better," she said, then she got a remembering look on her face. She took a deep breath. "Do you have a workshop here?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah, why?" I asked, confused. She pulled a plastic bag, a blood covered device, a smaller version of a USB by the looks of it. I was still confused.

"Okay," I said, "Still didn't answer the question."

"Look," she said, pointing to the body of the device. There were four letters. AVIS.

"How?" I asked. Tasha moved her curls aside to show me her ear, which was stitched right about where an ear lobe should be. There were stitched on the side of her neck as well.

"Romallo, one of the Dirty SHIELD agents, shot at me, shooting straight through my ear and knocking AVIS out. She's still mostly in one piece, but I need to fix her if I ever want the suit to be functional again."

"Ow," I said, "I'll show you to the workshop."

I showed her to the workshop, a little different, and updated than my one at home. She looked around, sitting down at the workbench.

"So are you going to be okay?" I asked, "There was no damage to you in the process of losing AVIS?"

"Other than one of my ear's being a different shape, nope. I'm going to have to get rid of these stitches to put AVIS back in. I told the doctors not to stitch me up there, but they said if I was too active or if something happened, it was very possible the lining of my arteries in my neck could get punctured or tear or something. I could bleed out," Tasha said.