Chapter 6:

Tasha: Two days later, Steve came over to my house to learn about tech, and the 21st century. Aka, we were going to watch Star Wars and showing him how to Email. And maybe change his wallpaper on his phone.

He came over and we started the original trilogy of Star Wars. He seemed confused. “So wait, the old guy. Is his name Obi Wan or Ben?” “The furry dog, bear, man. What is he? Or is a she?” “Wait, so is the princess, Leah or whatever, is she in love with Han Solo or Luke?” “Is Han Solo still alive? Can he breathe in that metal?” That one I asked if he could breathe in the ice for. “Wait the funny black faced guy, is Luke's dad?” “Wait Leia is Luke's sister. Didn't they kiss? That's disgusting.” “What is up with those adorable teady bear things?” “Wait, who's Darth Sideous? I thought it was Darth Vader.” “Wait who's the blonde ghost?” In the end I just shoved popcorn in his face when he started talking.

After the movies finished, he turned to me. “Okay, those weren't terrible,” he said

 “Did you think they were going to be?” I asked.

“Well, no,” Steve said, “Although I don't see what all the fuss is about.”

“Careful soldier,” I said, “You're talking to a certified nerd and I lived off these movies for years.”

“Certified Nerd?” Steve asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Does not compute?” I asked. He looked at me blankly. I rolled my eyes.

“So what about teaching you how to email?” I asked.

“Sounds good,” Steve said.

He grabbed his computer from his messenger bag. He logged on. It was a SHIELD issued computer with high tech passwords and applications. I had found mine a lot of fun, but the operating system was no AVIS. He also pulled out a small notebook. He opened to a list page, where he checked off Star Wars. “What's that?” I asked.

“A list people have been giving me of things to see, do, listen to,” Steve said, “Things I've missed.”

“Nirvana,” I said, “And Rocky. You’d love Rocky.”

“Hold on, can you repeat a few of those,” Steve said, writing them down. I repeated them for him. I set him up his email, a simple Gmail.

“What do you want for your address?” I asked.

“I don't know,” he said, “What do most people do for it.”

But I was already done typing. Capsicle@gmail.com of course.

I typed in his password, which we chose to be Ic3man, mainly to my request. Then he was online. “Now, this is how you send an email,” I said. I hit the compose button, which he wrote down in his book.

“Now, when you want to send it to someone, you have to have their email address. I'll type in mine,” I typed in mine, which I had recently changed. It was superIronChick@gmail.com. The one Tony had set up for me on the Stark database was Starklette@stark.net and I didn't check it as often. He nodded, writing that down. “Make sure its in the To: box,” I said. “Then you can type in the subject,” I said. I typed in first email. “Then you go to the compose space, and you write what you want.”

He nodded. I realized he was doodling in the corner of the page. A perfect Darth Vader, with shading and reflections.

“Wow,” I said, “I didn't know you could draw.”

“Its just something I do every now and then,” Steve said.

“That's awesome,” I said, “It looks great.”

“Thanks,” he said, smiling, “And thanks for showing me how to Email.”

“I'm an expert in computer functions, its the least I could do,” I smiled.

“So how long until you get the email,” he asked.

“I've already got,” I said, ignoring AVIS saying the exact same thing. He looked around.

“Who said that?” he asked. I realized AVIS had been out the speakers of my room.

“AVIS,” I said, “She's my AI.”

“Wow,” he said, “What does she do.”

“Whatever you want,” I said, “Sometimes she's just good to talk to.”

“Who's the voice?” Steve asked.

I looked away from him for a moment, looking down. “My mom. With a British accent.”

“I see,” Steve said.

He smiled. He kissed my cheek. “So you always have her with you.”

I nodded.