Chapter 10:

Tasha: While everyone else got ready, I went down to check out Fitz Simmons lab. They had a pile of briefcases growing as they got ready.

"What are these?" I asked, opening a briefcase to see 7 helicopter type things.

"Oh those are the 7 Dwarves. They look for irregular signatures and waves." Fitz explained

"I see," I said, "Impressive."

"Thanks," Fitz said, "That means a lot coming from a Stark."

"Thanks, " I said

"I read about your battery design, running off human beings," Fitz said, "Its impressive. "

"You read the MIT papers?" I asked.

"Every now and then," Fitz said, "Have you tried your design."

"It works," I said, "AVIS never has to charge, nor does my suit."

"AVIS? " Fitz asked.

I scratched my fingernail against the bump behind my ear, the letters A, V, I, S glowed blue under my skin. "My AI," I said, "And Operating Systems. "

"Amazing," Fitz said.

"She has the ability to read brain waves and read what they mean to figure out a base line of my thoughts. But she also send impulses so I can hear hear her when no one else can," I said.

"Brilliant," Fitz said.

"Thanks," I said, "She's kind of the best thing I ever created.

After I finished talking shop with Fitz, I went upstairs to see Skye typing on her computer. I sat down across from her, opening my own laptop. "Okay," I said, "What's with you and Ward."

I started typing in my own log in, but instead decided to hack in as Nick Fury. Director files were so much better. And surprisingly, it was incredibly easy. "What do you mean what's with Ward and I?" Skye asked, not taking her eyes off her work.

"Don't pretend you haven't noticed. He's got eyes for you. You've got eyes for him. Googly ones. You know the ones that stay focused in one direction no matter how often you move your head?" I moved my head in a circular motion, keeping my eyes positioned on Skye. She laughed.

"I doubt it," she said, "Ward's my SO. Nothing special."

"I see," I muttered sarcastically.

"If you're so interested, you take him. I'm sure you're his type and all," Skye said, teasing.

"Really?" I asked in a fakey girly girl voice, "You think."

"Please your every guys type. Rich, famous, hot, a super hero," Skye said.

"I think Ward's a little old for me," I said.

"Please, you would have Captain America thinking he was young enough for you," Skye said. I laughed, not letting on how right she was. We had promised to keep our relationship under wraps, until I was a little older.

"Well, even if I was interested, I have a boyfriend," I said, not saying anymore.

"Seriously?" Skye asked, a little too surprised for my taste.

"Yeah," I said, pretending to be hurt, "What happened to the whole, 'you're every guy's type' thing?"

"I'm not surprised that you have a boyfriend," Skye amended, "I'm surprised you said yes. You have this whole untouchable air to you."

"Well I did," I said.

"Who?" Skye asked. Woops.

"I'm not telling," I said, my voice reminding me of a five year old with a secret.

"Come on," she said, "That's not even fair."

"Sure it is," I said, "You won't tell me how you feel about Ward, and I won't tell you who my guy is." Referring to Captain America as "my guy" felt wierd. And wrong. Like calling the Iron Man suit a gun, or calling the Thunderstruck riff just some guitar playing. It just didn't cover it.

"You guys ready?" Coulson asked.

"I've been ready for a while," I said.

"I've got the specks. I'll send 'em out in a minute," Skye said. We got up from her bed and got into a SHIELD vehicle. She sent the location to the driver, who drove as soon as he knew where he was going.

"Okay," Skye said, "Is it an Agent of SHIELD?"

"I'm not giving you clues," I said.

"There are hundreds, maybe thousands of SHIELD agents stationed around the world and you think telling me you're dating one will give it away?" Skye asked.

"Okay fine," I said, "Yes he's kind of a SHIELD agent."

"Level?" she asked.

"Not really one. He kind of just gets wherever he wants," I said.

"Where is he stationed?" she asked.

"I don't really know. Most of the time its DC, but he's all over," I said.

"Is it Barton?" Skye asked.

"What?" I asked confused, "No, he's with Romanoff."

"Seriously?" Skye asked, "I always wondered about that."

"Whatever, no more guesses," I said.

"Fine," Skye muttered to herself.