Chapter 11:

Tasha: We were at the sight. "Deathlok is inside, but I'm catching two signatures, possibly the Clairvoyant," a man filled in, "Let's get in there. Be careful, and watch yourself."

"Should I be suited up?" I asked.

"That's up to you. Just remember Deathlok is bad news, but everything else is clear," Coulson said.

We went in the building, Skye staying in the Van. She had been shot only a week ago, and was already back in the field, but Coulson didn't want a repeat.

Once we were inside Fitz let out sensors to look for Deathlok or the Clairvoyant. "AVIS," I murmured, "I want those specks."

"You have them," AVIS said.

"That's a pretty cool toy," Garrett said to Fitz.

"I prefer the term High Tech Hardware," Fitz said. He looked at his screen, "The signal's dead. He knows we're here."

"Fitz, get back to the van," Coulson instructed.

"You might want to do the same," he said said, looking to me.

"Nope," I said, "You need me."

"Just don't get shot," he said, "The last thing I need is Stark blaming me for your death."

I shrugged exaggeratedly. I would wait until a little later to do the rolls. But it was armed just in case. I had my gun in a position ready to shoot anyone I saw with a bad mustache or something. Meant for Deathlok of course.

We scowered the area. We came to a nearly empty room, and looked every direction. "Target lock on Agent Grant Ward," AVIS said

"Ward DUCK!" I shouted. He did so, a little missle flying straight over his head, hitting the pillar behind him. I rolled my shoulders back three times and raced into postition. "I got this," I said, "You guys go."

Deathlok fired a bullet at me, but it just bounced off me with a little "bink" sound. "Really?" I asked. I started at him, kicking, punching, and using my repulsors. Nothing hit. I got my hands on his, and started pushing. I flew forward, and we hit a wall with a loud "THUD!" Drywall dust flew around us, and Deathlok started firing heavy stuff at me. I countered it, kneeing him in the gut. I used my forearm to hold his throat against the wall, and I started hitting him in the head. He tried pushing me away, but I kept my stance firm. Finally I hit him one last time in the temple. He got knocked out cold, and I left heading downstairs.

Everyone looked around downstairs. They opened a door, and what they saw was incredible. A man in a wheel chair sat in front of huge screens. I stared in awe, pulling back my helmet. There were all different views, one of a room, another of a park. All sorts of places. In the middle was one dark screen. "Agent Coulson," white letter's scrawled across the screen as a terrifying automated voice said, "So good to finally meet you."

"He's the Clairvoyant," Coulson said, his eyes growing wide with terror.

"Yes," the white letters spelled and the voice said. , "You found me. A congratulations is in order."

Coulson stayed perfectly silent. And he lowered his gun. "Now I know why I could not see you after you died. Because you yourself could not see.You were simply a broken man who did not know he was broken."

"You're one to talk," Coulson muttered, although I could tell his mind was more on the Clairvoyant's words than his own.

"Come on," Garrett said, "Let's get this creep off to the Fridge where he belongs."

"Agent Garrett," the Clairvoyant's eerie voice said, "Look at me. Do you honestly think you can confine me any more than this chair."

"Can someone tell me how to turn that creepy voice thing off?" Garrett asked. I was about to volunteer, but the Clairvoyant continued talking.

"I will join Raina in your prison Agent Coulson," the Clairvoyant said, "But I will see you wherever you go. Just as I saw you holding Skye. Bleeding, dying." I shivered at the image of Skye on her death bed. "Knowing it was all your fault," the Clairvoyant continued. I gritted my teeth. Coulson wouldn't do that. No, he was a good man.

The tension in the room was tangible. Coulson stepped forward, looked straight into the Clairvoyants eyes and said, "You're going away. We're going to stick you in a little box, where no one will ever hear you again."

"I see your angry. Head clouded with lies. You've been betrayed, and now you fear what's about to happen," the Clairvoyant said.

"Nothing's about to happen," Coulson said, his voice acidic, "Just more empty threats from you."

"No," the Clairvoyant said, "It is the inevitable. A force beyond you is coming for you. You and Skye. She has something we want. She will die giving in to us. I have seen it."

"No," Coulson said, his eyes furious.

"No matter what you do to me, I will alway-" the Clairvoyants words were cut short, and a gun shot rang out. The bullet had some from Ward. Blood poured from the Clairvoyant's chest, and he was dead. Alarms around him went off, and we all turned to Ward, who's face was contorted with viciousness toward the Clairvoyant.

"What did you do?" Coulson asked. He lowered his gun but not his gaze. May took the gun from his hand. There was shock all around.

"It's over," Garrett said, "He's dead."