Chapter 4:

Tasha: I hit the middle of the of the target perfectly again. "Well, you've got this," the instructor said, "Is there anything your not perfect at?"

"I've been told I tend to get full of myself. But I think those people are full of junk," I said, "I'm perfect."

"I meant SHIELD wise. And I'm going to take that as a no," he said. He looked at a clip board, "That's everything you need for SHIELD, so we'll give this to some people, and they'll either give you a mission, or they'll enroll you in the Academy for more specialized training."

"Why wasn't I in the Academy before?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"To be honest, I think it was Fury's idea. And the Academy is more for specialized SHIELD agents, and since you're an Avenger already, I don't think the average rules apply," the instructor explained.

"I see," I said.

"Have you heard anything about the teams Fury is starting. Apparently he has a bunch of new heroes popping up, and he's placing them in different teams," he said, "Apparently he's getting ready to launch a team with Ant Man. And some young supers, just in high school. Young Avengers is what we've been calling them."

"I see," I said again. I had only met a few other supers since the beginning of all that, and heard about a few more. Like Ant Man, who could grow and shrink as he pleased, and Spider Man, who was pretty much a masked vigilante in New York.

"The Young Avengers sounds kind of like something he would place you in," the instructor said, "Just fair warning."

"Thank," I said, "But I wouldn't take it if he tortured me. I like my team."

"I can see why. Their great," the instructor said, "But I really shouldn't be talking to you about this."

"Probably not," I said, winking, "Your secrets safe with me."

"I heard the Invinisible Iron Woman was in the house," a voice said. I turned to see Clint Barton, or Hawkeye, walking towards me.

"Hey Hawk," I said.

"Metal Maiden," he said.

"Speaking of Avengers," my instructor said.

"So how have you been?" Clint asked.

"Good. I just finished some SHIELD training, which I am great at by the way," I said.

"Good news," Clint said, smiling, "Fury will probably get you something to do soon. A week maybe."

"Hopefully longer," I said under my breath, not thinking. I only had a week until Steve came.

"Why?" Clint asked.

"Not important. I just have an out of state friend coming next week," I said.

I could remember telling my dad Steve was coming to Malibu. "It better be a mission," he said.

"No, he wants to come see me. And he hasn't seen California. Ever," I explained.

"So he's coming three thousand miles to see you?" Tony asked.

"Some people actually enjoy my company," I said sarcastically.

"You realize Steve is going to die right," Tony asked me, his face dead serious.

"I think you haven't been around for enough of my life to kill the guy I happen to like," I said.

That had been messy.

"Fury probably will understanding," Clint said.

Then all three of us bust a gut laughing.

"No, you're probably cool for next week," Clint said.

"Thanks," I said.

"But, I actually just stopped in for a moment. I'm shipping out to take care of some thing in Peru. Who knows how long I'll be gone. Just great to stretch my legs in between flights," Clint said, shrugging. Then he started walking out.