The Doctor's Daughter

JUGHEAD POV

I woke up the next morning to a giant bang in the hallway. I got up and unattached myself from the heart monitor. I put my oxygen concentrator in my bag. I slung the bag over my shoulder and went into the hall. Someone had fallen over and doctors swarmed the person.

"Jughead, stay back!" Doctor Cooper yelled. I went into my room and shut the door. I sat down on my bed and sighed. It was awful what happens to people.

I grabbed my water bottle and grabbed a bottle of heart medicine. I put 4 in my hand and swallowed them with water. I took off my oxygen tube and walked over to my suitcase. I pulled out a shirt, pants, and socks. I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror in my bathroom. I looked at the scars from all of my surgeries and all the devices put into my body.

G-tube=goes straight to my stomach and easy on my liver.

Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator=it looks like a lump under my chest in the shape of a square. It shocks my heart and forces my heart to function.

PICC line=two tubes in my arm that go straight to my heart. It carries healthy blood into my heart and carried the toxic blood out.

Port=a circle shape on my chest that carries medicine into my body.

I had a scar on my chest and scars all on my stomach and back. It was really ugly and not attractive. Not that being attractive would do anything anyways. I can't touch a girl so that's off the table.

"Hey, sorry about that." Doctor Cooper said coming into my room with his hazmat suit on. I gave him my arm and he attached a bag of blood on the IV stand. He put the IV to the blood bag into my PICC line. I then got another IV. I was getting blood put in and out at the same time. I saw another person come in. She had a hospital mask on and a pair of gloves. She sat on the couch and Doctor Cooper went by her.

"This is my daughter, Betty. She's doing an article over your disease. She also has to make a documentary in the life of you."

"For how long?" I asked.

"It's project for a month. It's April 19 so she'll be done on May 19. If you don't want to, it's ok." Betty said.

"No, it's fine. When do we start?"

"Today." She said. Doctor Cooper left the room and shut the door behind him. Betty turned on the video camera and was speaking to it.

"Hi! My name is Betty Cooper, I'm 17-years old, and I'm in 4th period Double Advanced Biology. I'm doing a study on a disease called, Dibbisons. I'm here today with-" Betty said and turned the camera to me. It was really awkward. I didn't know this girl and now I'd have to hang out with her for an entire month.

"My name is Jughead Jones."

"How old are you, Jughead?"

"I'm 17-years old."

"Can you please tell us what Dibbisons Disease is?" Betty asked. I was about to laugh at how stupid this was but I was able to just do it with a smile.

"It's a disease where you have Congestive Heart Failure, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Liver Failure, Kidney Failure. I can't go near people because I'm highly contagious to everyone." I shrugged.

"Were you born with the disease and if not, how old were you when you caught the disease?"

"I wasn't born with it. I caught the disease when I was 5-years old."

"How far apart do you have to stay away from people?" Betty asked.

"They suggest 8-feet apart but I usually just do it to where I can't touch them."

"Well, there you have it guys. We'll see you tomorrow for day 2!" Betty exclaimed. She put the camera down and walked over to my med-cart. I put on my hospital mask and some hand sanitizer. I put gloves on and went next to the med-cart. She stepped about a foot away from me.

"Relax, you're really tense. Tomorrow, when you have your stupid video camera out, you can record my meds." I rolled my eyes.

"Look, I'm friends with a Cystic Fibrosis patient here. I could always just go and interview her. Stella's a lot nicer than you are."

"Stella Grant? What are you talking about?! She's a total jerk!"

"She's not! I think you're just jealous of her!" Betty yelled.

"Why would I be jealous of someone who's dying?"

"And your not?" Betty said. I sighed and Betty took about an inch closer to me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"No, you're right. I am dying and I'm not afraid to admit that." I nodded. I went over to my window and sat on my window seat. Betty got sat down on the couch.

"Are you scared, Jughead?"

"Of what?"

"Dying."

"No...I'm not. I'm ready for it and I have my dog waiting for me." I smirked. Betty smiled and we exchanged looks.

"I'll be back tomorrow...have a good night." Betty said as she walked away. Her hazmat suit looked ridiculous on her. But she needed to stay safe.