Sleeping Over

JUGHEAD POV

Betty used disinfectant spray and used it all over the couch. She put sheets on the couch and a pillow and blanket. She had a bag next to the couch that held her stuff in it.

"I can't believe this." Betty smiled. I had my afflo-vest on and I looked at her.

"What?" I asked.

"I can't believe I'm spending the night with Jughead Jones. Are you ready for Day 4 tomorrow?" She asked. She laughed and I laughed. I coughed and it was painful. I turned off my afflo-vest and set it next to the bed.

"Hey guys! I'm vlogging Jughead's nightly routine. He just did his afflo-vest and now he has to take his kidney, heart, and lung medication. He takes his liver medication in the morning." Betty said. I looked at the camera with a giant smile and I shook my head. I got out my pills and took them each. Betty was now doing a time-lapse video of me. I took my meds, I ate threw my G-tube, and did more of my drug trial. Betty stopped the video and turned off the camera. I went to get a sip of water but I dropped my cup and my shirt was soaked. I threw the cup away and took off my shirt.

"What's that?" Betty asked pointing to my chest.

"That's my implanted defibrillator. It shocks my heart because of irregular heartbeat. I know right, all these devices and scars on my body are so hot." I said in a sarcastic tone. Betty stood up and scoffed.

"I used to be the fat girl in school. When I was 13, I weighed 300-pounds. I wanted to lose the weight and so I did. I now weight 120-pounds...but it felt me with marks. I have stretch marks, cellulite, and scars from when I got the extra skin removed." Betty sighed. She took off her shirt and I saw the marks on her  arms and torso. He pulled down her trousers and kicked them away. I kicked away my trousers too and we just stood there looked at each other. Definitely 6-feet apart. I got a little closer and now we were at 5-feet. She took a couple steps closer and now we were at 4-feet. We both got closer and now were at 3-feet. I got closer again and we were at 2-feet. She got closer...1-foot.

"I...I don't know what to do right now." Betty said.

"What do you want to do?"

"Kiss you." Betty whispered. She put her hand on my face and started to lean in. But then, I saw the mental image. I saw me standing there and Betty being in the Emergency Room. Doctors swarmed her and she was in danger...because of me. I snapped back to reality and pushed her away. I put a different shirt on and pajama shorts. Betty stood there in shock.

"Did I do something wrong?" Betty asked.

"No, you didn't. It was my fault. I shouldn't have gotten closer than 8-feet. Why did I do that?! I could've put you in danger!" I yelled. Betty put her pajama pants on and her shirt. She sat on the couch and I looked at her. She was sad. What did I get myself into? I pulled out one of my Riverdale high school sweatshirts. I sprayed it down with disinfectant  spray and made sure it was clean. I put gloves on and handed the sweatshirt to her. She put it on and weakly smiled.

"Just pretend, we're walking home from a party. I'm holding your hand and we get to your house. I kiss you and we hug. I give you my sweatshirt as a romantic gesture."

"But Juggie, it's not real."

"I know...that's why I said pretend."