The World Can't Hold Back Love

JUGHEAD POV

Betty didn't show up for vlogging for 4-days. She told me that each day was 5 points off and the project was 150 points. It would've been Day 21 if I hadn't screwed it up. I screwed up the only good thing in my life. All I ever wanted to do was protect her. I was only thinking about me, and not her.

"Hey Jughead." Doctor Cooper said as he came into my room. I sat up from laying on my bed and sighed. He injected me with the IV to the green fluid and he exhaled.

"Betty hasn't come out of her room for days. She says that she wants to be apart of her life, she just can't be apart of yours. She loves you, Jughead."

"Doctor Cooper...she hasn't told me she loves me. She still has to promise me that we're forever. It's a thing we have going on right now. But she needs to be safe. I'm a danger to her!"

"You're a danger to your family too and you still go home." Doctor Cooper nodded.

"It's different. I've wanted to call her for a few days. We at least need to finish the project and the last thing she needs is a bad grade." I weakly smiled. Doctor Cooper gave a smirk and then left my room. I picked up my phone and went to Betty's contact. I exhaled and I called her. With each ring, my heart raced faster and faster.

"Hello?" Betty said weakly.

"Hi...I'm really happy to hear your voice. I've missed you."

"You broke up with me-"

"Just hear me out. When I first met you, I thought you were just going to be some girl. It didn't take long for me to realize...that you were it for me. You're the only one for me. I have laughed more in these past few weeks than in my entire lifetime. I love you, Betty. I love you so much...say something, please." I said. There was a moment of silence and I heard Betty giggle.

"I guess I win." She said. I chuckled and nodded to myself.

"I guess you do. Promise me that we're forever."

"Not yet. But I need to tell you something. I love you so much, Jughead Jones." Betty said. I smiled to myself. It didn't matter what happened. I love her and she loves me. Not even Dibbisons Disease will keep us apart.