You're Mine

JUGHEAD POV

It was a rough day for Day 12. She said she wanted to talk to me about us but couldn't. It hurt her too much. I think I hurt her more than she's ever been hurt. But I just want to keep her alive. That night, Betty had gone home and I sat in my room doing my afflo-vest and watching "Supernatural". There was a loud knock at my door.

"Come in!" I yelled. But nobody came in.

"Come in!" I yelled once again. But still, nobody came in. I groaned and shut my laptop. I took off my afflo-vest and went to my door. I opened it but nobody was there. The lights were dimmed and there were rose petals making a trail. I saw a note on the ground and picked it up.

"Follow the rose petals."

I put the letter back on the ground and walked out of my room. My lungs would be fine for awhile. I didn't have my oxygen tube on but they were fine.

I followed the rose petals and looked at the strung up lights on the walls of the hospital. The roses stopped at the elevator and the elevator doors opened. Betty was standing there in a red dress and high heels. She had her blue latex gloves on and red lipstick.

"We're having dinner...come on." Betty smiled.

"I have to wait. Other wise, you'll catch the bacteria." I said. Betty put two layers of hospital masks on. I smiled and shook my head. I walked into the elevator and stepped away from her while in it. She looked at me and giggled.

"Can you stop being so paranoid?! I just want to enjoy the night and look at you." Betty smiled. The elevator doors opened and she took my hand. "Let's go."

We walked through the halls and went into the cafeteria. I sat down at one table and she sat down at the table next to mine and we had food in front of us. Steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

"Betty...how did you do this?" I asked.

"I'm Hal Cooper's daughter! I can basically get anything I want here."

"What about the rose petals and lights?"

"One of the janitors is taking care of it. I paid him extra money too...you're really handsome."  Betty smiled and put her hand on my face. I gently removed her hand and she sighed. We started to eat our food and we were exchanging looks with every bite.

"Does your father know about this?" I asked and took a sip of water.

"I told him...I was going to spend the night is Stella's room. But that's ok! What he doesn't know can hurt him, right?"

"What about...you're mother? Do you have any siblings?"

"I have an older brother named Charles, but I call him Charlie for short. I have an older sister named Polly. Polly is 20-years and Charlie is 27-years old. Polly is a support group leader and Charlie is an FBI agent." Betty nodded.

"Is it true you've had a lot of boyfriends?" I asked. Betty glared at me and shook her head. "Who told you that?"

"You're dad said-"

"Screw what my dad says! I have 5 boyfriends in my entire high school experience and apparently I'm boy crazy?! Oh my gosh!" Betty yelled.

"No! He didn't say that. He said that you've had your heart broken too many times. I wasn't allowed to fall in love with you." I said.

"And did you?" Betty asked and smirked. I shook my head sarcastically and Betty shrugged. "Don't worry I'll get you to say it to me one day."

"I'll say it once you promise me." I smirked and Betty laughed.

"We're still on that?!"

"Promise me that you'll wait for me and that we'll be forever. Just say, 'I promise' and this will all be over." I smiled and nodded. Betty got closer to me and shook her head.

"No."

"I'll get it out of you one day, Betty." I smiled. We continued to eat our food and we talked. We finished our food and then we walked back up to my room. She stayed at one end of the hall and I stayed at the other end.

"Do you like action movies?" I asked.

"I like horror movies...I really love horror movies." Betty giggled.

"I'm not surprised." I said. Betty gave a small laugh and then smiled at me.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"Being with me." She shrugged. We exchanged looks and smiles and then we continued talking.

"How do you feel about...rap music?" Betty asked.

"I hate it." I replied.

"Pop music?"

"Depends on who it is."

"Super emo music?"

"I love it! I also love classical music. I'm that guy." I said. Betty nodded and we arrived at my room. Betty stood in front of me at least 3-feet away from me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, in the morning, for Day 13." Betty said. I nodded and she giggled. She had her gloves so I was able to touch her hand. We did a high-five and then she smiled at me and walked away. I went into my room and shut my door. I fell right on my bed and laughed to myself. I was happier than I have been in a long time.