Transported and Goodbye

JUGHEAD POV

I woke up in the ICU with a ventilator in my mouth. I felt so much pain in my chest and I was sore in my whole body. I couldn't move at all and the ventilator wouldn't let me talk. I examined the room with my eyes. I saw my mom and dad asleep in the chair and Jellybean playing on her IPad.  I slammed my foot against the mattress and got Jellybean's attention.

"Dufus! You're awake!" She exclaimed. She ran over and woke up my parents. They got up and stood next to my bed. They backed up a little bit though.

"Baby, I'm so happy you're awake. You had a heart attack. The doctors had to put you in surgery. It's been 12-hours since then. It's currently 8:30PM. We also have some bad news...your drug trial hasn't worked. In fact, it's been making your heart very unhealthy. That's why you had a severe heart attack." Mom sighed. I closed my eyes and let a tear run down my face. I lost hope of ever hugging my family or kissing Betty. It's too late for me to be fixed.

"However, we found something out. There have been 8 other people in the whole world diagnosed with Dibbisons Disease. They're all being sent to Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital. It's obviously in Seattle, Washington and we've decided to send you there. There will be doctors studying this disease and trying drug trials constantly. You're leaving in 3-days." Dad said. I lightly shook my head went to grab my phone. I pulled up a picture of Betty on my phone and showed them. I typed on my phone what I wanted to say.

"I cam't lrace hwr." I typed. Mom sighed and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, honey. But this is for your own good. We can't let you see her because you're a danger to her. You're a danger to everyone." Mom said. I felt more tears run down my face and I clenched onto my blanket. I wasn't even allowed to see Betty before I left.

For the next few days, it was lonely. Betty has been texting me but I didn't have the guts to text back. I had been constantly sleeping, taking painkillers and pills, doing treatments, and watching movies. I was in so much pain after the surgery. My chest had sharp pains and felt like it was on fire. I knew it would be like this for a few more months too. But the only thing I can ever think about, is Betty. I can't stop thinking about her. But, I knew what today was. It was time for me to leave.

"I don't even want to go." I said as I went around in my wheelchair. My oxygen concentrator sat in my lap all the time because it had nowhere else to go.

"You have to. You'll be fine there. We're going to keep you there for about a year. I hope you'll be cured by then. Jellybean will push you out of the hospital." Dad said as he and mom carried a few boxes out.

"Alright, you ready?" Jellybean asked. I nodded and Jellybean pushed me out of the hospital. I looked around the hospital and realized...I'm saying goodbye to one of my childhood homes. I'm saying goodbye to Doctor Cooper. I'm saying goodbye to Veronica. I'm saying goodbye to my love, Betty Cooper. She'll always be my first love.

They helped me into the car and I was put in the backseat. Dad got in the car and he drove to the delivery place. He sent my boxes into delivery and drove me to the airport. I'm getting my own section of the plane and I felt like I was first class. This was it. This was the end of my story in Riverdale.