Let's Take A Walk

BETTY POV

"Day 13 is going really well! Jughead is currently using the bathroom. We...we've become really close. We'll probably be going on a walk. We have to leave the room once in awhile. Anyways-" I began. Jughead walked out of the bathroom and put his oxygen concentrator in his bag. He smirked and shook his head.

"I can't tell anymore. Are we dating or are you and that camera?" Jughead said. I laughed and then turned the camera off. I put gloves on and Jughead put gloves and a mask on. He slung his bag over his shoulder and shrugged. "Let's go." He said. We left his room and started to just roam around the hospital.

"Promise me that we're forever." Jughead said and I shook my head.

"You keep asking me and I'm not going to promise it. I'm simply waiting. Also, you have to tell me you love me first." I smirked. Jughead sighed and nodded. We were silent for about a minute. It was pretty awkward.

"So...what's your earliest childhood memory?" I asked.

"Um...I never really thought about it. I guess, seeing my sister for the first time after she was born. That was a couple months before I got sick. What about you?"

"I was 5 and I was on stage doing a ballet dance. I was dancing to 'Swan Lake'. I lost the competition and I remember being so angry. Polly insisted that my mom took us to Pops yo buy me an Orange Freeze Slushie. We did and it cheered me up." I giggled to myself.

"What's a fun fact about yourself? Name anything at all." Jughead said.

"When I was 13...I got tested for certain disorders. I was diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder. Which basically means, I was diagnosed a psychopath. I'm not evil, am I?" I asked. This was an emotional topic to go over.

"No, I observe everything. It these difficult past 2-weeks, you've smiled and made so many jokes. You're not evil because I know you. Your family knows you. Stella knows you." Jughead whispered. I gave a weak smile and grabbed his hand. I moved far away from him and we stretched our arms to hold hands.

"I've gotta say, you're always somehow convincing me I need to do more exercise." Jughead panted. We laughed and sat down on the window sill to one of the windows. I sat on the window sill across the hall and away from Jughead. We smiled at each other and we're just looking at each other.

"Hey guys!" I heard a voice say. It was Stella. I smiled and I hugged her. Her and Jughead exchanged looks and then Stella sat down next to me.

"So...how was last night? Was it fun? Was the food good? Betty didn't tell me anything." Stella smiled.

"It was fun. The food was really good and I think it was a surprise to Jughead. We talked and then we went back to his room."

"Did you guys...break the 8-feet apart rule?" Stella asked. Jughead and I exchanged looks and I looked back at Stella.

"We got as close at 1-foot apart. That's the closest we probably will get. How was the visit with Veronica?"

"Good! She went on and on about how her cousin was in love with her best friend-"

"Woah, who said anything about being in love?" Jughead asked. I glared at Jughead and stood up.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"As in I never said anything to Veronica about us dating. I only told her we were friends."

"I hope you know that girls are smarter than that." Stella crossed her arms.

"Shouldn't you be like coughing up mucus or something?" Jughead groaned. They glared at each other and I walked over to Jughead.

"Why don't we just go get lunch? Stella, I'll see you tonight before I leave." I smiled. She gave me a thumbs up and we got food from the cafeteria. He asked me again to promise him that we'll be forever, but I said no. I wasn't quite sure where we stood us a couple.