Near Death Experience

BETTY POV

"Hey Juggie!" I exclaimed as I went into his room. He was shirtless and rubbing Vaseline on his chest. I put on gloves and a mask and sat on the couch.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have really bad chest, neck, and arm pain. It's been like this since yesterday. Betts, can you set 3 painkillers next to my bed. I went over and got into his painkillers. I set a few next to him and he nodded. "Thanks."

"You're really hot." I said. He smirked and we looked at each other. We smiled at each other and he looked away. He put away the Vaseline and took his painkillers. He put his shirt on and put his oxygen tube on. He took a deep breath in and out. I could tell he had been struggling to breathe. I took out my camera and turned it on.

"Hey guys! I'm here for Day 22. I hadn't recorded because I was going through some really emotional stuff but I'm ok now. This guy here told me he loved me and spoiler, I told him I loved him back. He just wants me to promise him that we're forever. I won't say it to him and he's getting really upset." I said. I showed him laying in bed and he winked at the camera. I laughed and then turned it off. I got on my phone and started to play games on it. I hadn't planned anything for the day so why not?

"So Jug, if you haven't noticed, I got my ears pierced for the third time. I can fit my diamond and pearl earrings there. My ears hurt really bad but anyways, what have you been doing these past few days?" I asked. I didn't get an answer and I scoffed. That's when I noticed Jughead wasn't on his bed. I put my phone down and ran to the other side of his bed. He was on the ground gasping for air and he wasn't moving.

"Jug! Oh my gosh, Juggie!" I screamed. I pressed the EMERGENCY CALL button and a lot of doctors ran in. They were in hazmat suits and they were surrounding him.

"He's having a heart attack! Get him ready for surgery. What are you doing standing there? Go! Get her out of here too!" Dad yelled. Jughead's shirt was taken off of him and they put him on a stretcher with a heavy oxygen mask. I burst into tears and sat on his bed. The doctors tried to pull me away but I refuse to get up. What if this was the end? The end of Jughead and I's story? It's only been 22-days. It's only been 3-weeks and 1-day. It can't be the end of our story, so he needs to come back to me.