What if Max was a Disney Princess? 1 (AU)

So I was at the dentist (not high, just had a lot of time to think) and I thought "hey what if fairy tales met our beloved camp?" and then this stupid AU happened when I got home. I had a few favorites that I might do later but this one was my favorite. To clarify, this happens in modern day. I had to change a few things in the story for it to make sense.

Quick Epilogue: When Prince Maxwell II was born, three fae each gave him a gift that would aid him in his life. The first gave him his intelligence. The second gave him his bravery. But before the third could give him a gift,  a curse was placed on him by a jealous cultist- I mean fae. It said that on his 11th birthday, Max would prick his finger on a spindle and die. The third fairy weakened the spell so that he would only fall asleep instead. To wake him up, someone would have to slay the one who cast the spell. His parents, the king and queen, decided to send him off to America to be taken care of by another family, feeling they had failed as parents. The family, unbeknownst to the king and queen, was neglectful and abusive. They never even told him about his roots.

Max sat up in his cot and yawned. The cot next to him was completely empty, meaning Neil had already gotten up for the day. He sighed and made his way to the coffee maker. As he worked the coffee maker, he wondered about the day ahead. It was his eleventh birthday, a day he'd been dreading all Summer. The coffee machine beeped and he retrieved his mug. He took a sip and exited his tent to start the day.

The Mess Hall was decorated with streamers, surprising Max. His fellow campers all wished him a happy birthday and David even brought out a cake. The boy tried to hide his smile, but holding back tears was already difficult enough so he gave up. "How did you guys know about my birthday?" He asked. 

"We managed to scrape up a little more information from the depths of your file." Gwen replied, ruffling his hair. She tensed up in preparation to be swatted at, only for the boy to continue eating his slice of cake. She smiled warmly. Once the kids were all finished with the cake, David gave him some new pellets for his BB gun, claiming they were "from everyone." Max didn't mind that he only got one gift, it definitely beat the zero he usually got. The campers spent the rest of the day playing games and target practicing. 

"Hell of a birthday, huh?" Neil remarked as the sun set.

"Definitely. Hey, Neil?" Max said.

"Yeah?"

"I know my birthday wasn't in my file."

"Alright, so maybe I managed to find some stuff about you on the internet. You should be impressed, most search results for an Indian kid named Max were about some little prince that got sent away from his home. There wasn't much on him, either." Max rolled his eyes.

"...Thanks. You really didn't have to do that." With that, Max slipped into his tent and was off to sleep quickly. Neil joined him shortly after, but had more trouble sleeping. He tossed and turned, thinking about the prince. It couldn't be him, right? I mean, it's gotta be a coincidence. Besides, it's probably just some old wive's tale, curses and fairies aren't real. Neil's thoughts were interrupted when he heard Max shifting around in his bed.

"S-sorry, did I wake you up?" He asked the shorter boy. No response. Max stood up. "Uh, Max?" That's when Neil noticed the green ball of light dancing at the foot of Max's cot. "What the hell? Max, are you seeing what I'm seeing, or did my slice of cake have an extra ingredient?" Max was still quiet. The ball of light floated out of the tent and Max followed, unblinking. "Max, wait!" Neil ran after him. He gripped the boy by the shoulders and shook him slightly. He worried more when he still got no response.

Max effortlessly broke out of Neil's grip and continued to follow the green light. Neil panicked and ran to wake Nikki up. "Nikki! Get up, Max is acting weird!" Nikki groaned and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.  Neil dragged her out of the tent and ran to catch up with Max. When they found him, he was stumbling to the activities field, still staring at the small green light.