Fairytale Camp (Sneak peek)

The sun bore down on the campers, its heat sweltering despite the fact that it had only just rose. Neil wiped beads of sweat from his forehead while Nikki ran in circles around him, yipping excitedly. Even Max was considering removing his hoodie, but that would run the risk of showing off his yellow camp shirt so he kept those thoughts to himself.
     "What do you think we're doing today? Maybe we're hunting for Sasquatch again!" Nikki chirped as Neil almost tripped over her.
     "After what happened last time, I'm not sure cryptid hunting camp will ever see the light of day again, Nikki," Neil replied. He tried to step over Nikki, but his shoe caught on a rock and he fell over. He sighed.
     "Neil's right, we still need to write an apology letter to that homeless guy," Gwen added. She stopped in her tracks. "Does anyone else hear... Tiny, angry yells?" The campers directed their attention to the "rock" Neil had tripped over a moment ago. Upon closer inspection, it was actually a tiny house and a tiny, winged person was angrily kicking Neil's shoe right next to it. Nerris gasped.
     "A fairy! I didn't know the Sleepy Peak region had fae folk! Howdy there, what's your name?" Nerris asked the fairy, crouching down. The fairy huffed and gave Neil's show one last kick.
     "This BARBARIAN just destroyed my house! I'm not telling you my name!" It replied. "Make it apologize, right now! Or else!" Nerris giggled and looked over to Neil.
     "Looks like you owe someone an apology!" She teased. Neil turned red in the face with unmatched rage.
     "IT? I'll have you know I'm the smartest person in this whole forest, and your house made me scrape my knee! I don't owe you anything," He snapped at the fairy. "You shouldn't put your house in walkways!"
     "I swear to fuck if you get us cursed or some shit because you couldn't apologize to a fairy I'm gonna beat your ass," Max groaned. The fairy grinned and nodded.
     "Last chance to apologize before you regret it!" It chirped. Neil responded with a simple middle finger. It gasped and crossed its arms. "You asked for it!"

The rest of this book coming eventually, probably

A/N:

The reason I've been so inactive is that I've been having some issues with mental health and I can't quite get help at this moment. It also hasn't helped that my family is always blaming it on me and believes that I just need to socialize more. (They don't seem to understand that I can't??? Just do that???) I've also been taking on too many responsibilities lately and all that combined with school has literally been chipping away at my will to live. So that's the t e a and I hope I can eventually get help so I can keep writing and stuff. I'm not really proud of my writing but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

A/N ^2:

What the fresh fuck is this new layout