Bye bye Daddy.

Amya Alvarez.

"Papi,I'll be fine." I say to my worried father. We're from Spain. Well,sort of. Dad came here to New York years ago to start a publishing company and through that he met my mum. They then got married and gave birth to me but my mum died of leukaemia when I was fifteen. At the time dad was just developing the company and after she died he worked day and night to make Alvarez publishing the best seeing it's currently the second best publishing company in the whole of America. I work with my dad in his company. It gives us a chance to bond and I don't have to lye around at home doing nothing. Although I don't like the idea of relying on my dad's money. It feels wrong that I'm an adult and have to work to earn a living although he assures me that since I'm his daughter and he's responsible for my well being,he's gonna take care of me as long as he wants. I'm practically a daddy's girl.

"Aw, Mya you know I don't have to go." He says. If you're wondering where he's going,he's going to Venezuela to build a branch of Alvarez Publishing there and he has to go and oversee the progress there. Oh and Pablo and Paulo are my twin cousins. I love them. They're a little older than I am and they love me so much. I love staying with them but I need to proof to my papi that I can be alone.

"No papi,it's fine. I know you think I can't be alone but I'm 22 years old I can take care of myself." I say to him. He nods stiffly and hugs me,placing a quick kiss on my forehead for the twentieth time today before walking to the car. He looks back at me and smiles before the door is opened for him and he gets in. The door is closed and Rufus, the head body guard and my best friend smiles and waves at me. He's going with my dad. I wave back and smile. He gets in and closes the door behind him. The car goes and I walk back into the house. This is going to be an interesting few months I think to myself. If only I knew what was ahead of me.