First Day Jitters.

Hola la Amigas, que pasa? Please be sure to comment and vote on the chapter and express your feelings about it. It'd be great if you did. Gracias! That's Amya up there⬆️

Amya Alvarez.

I had to be up by six am to get ready to go to the office to check in. I got dressed and decided not to put on any makeup.

I picked my phone up and called my dad first

I picked my phone up and called my dad first. He picked up immediately.

"Princess,how are we doing?" He asked.

"Papi, I'm fine. I'm just gonna head to HQ and check in." I told him.

"Okay,alright you do that but don't forget to eat, don't stress yourself too much, don't work too long and most importantly sleep if you want to. Don't keep yourself up for no reason." He warned in a fatherly tone. I sighed. This man knows me more than I know myself.

"Okay papi, I won't." I agreed.

"You sure princess?" He pressed.

"Papi I'm twenty-two. I'll be fine." I said.

"Oh Mya you know that I worry about you."

"And you worry too much. I'll be fine. I've got Penelope and solidad to keep me company and Pablo and Paulo will be tomorrow from Madrid so I'll be fine." I assured him.

"Well okay. But I'll be calling everyday to check in with you." He insisted.

"Okay papi."

"Okay. Adiós princesa. Te amo." He said.

"Te amo también papi. Adiós." I said and cut the line and left my room. I went down to my cozy kitchen. Penelope was cooking and I sat down on one of the bar stools.

"Buenos días señorita. How are you today?" She asked politely. Penelope has been like a sister to me. She's thirty two years old with two kids already. She brings them here sometimes. She's been working for us since I was sixteen.

"I'm fine Pen." I said with a warm smile. We chatted about nothing in particular until the food was done then I had a call from Alvarez publishing.

"Amya here,who am I speaking to?" I asked.

"This is Gina Preston. I'm filling in for the former assistant Kelly Dawson." Oh yeah, she's pregnant.

"Okay what's up?"

"Well there are a couple manuscripts here that have been read through and are ready for you to sign so it can be published." She explained.

"Alright, I'll be there in thirty minutes." I said. I quickly finished my food,waved a goodbye to Penelope and went outside where a car was waiting for me. Clifford,my dad's driver who is also like second dad to me greeted with a smile.

"Good morning cliffy." I said to him. I've called him since he began working. When he started working here he was kinda like a statue. Always stiff and looking bulky all the time and I felt really weird around him so to feel better around him I started calling him cliffy. The first time I called him that he was annoyed by it but gradually, seeing that I wouldn't stop,he eventually caved in and one time he even laughed at it. Since then, we've been tight. He smiled and responded by putting his hand up for a high five. I gave him a high five and sat in the car. He then sat in the driver's seat and started the car. We talked about the company and other stuff and twenty minutes later we were in front of my dad's company building. I took in a deep breath but still sat, unmoving. Clifford turned to me in question but he looked at me he knew I was nervous. He then got out of the car and came to my side. He pulled me out as I whined but does this guy even care? He then held my shoulders and shook them.

"Calm down Mya. You know why he trusts you enough to take care of his company? Because you're one of the hardworking people he knows. You work all day and night and you never quit easily on anything. Now go in there and show those people that you're the boss's daughter." He said and I smiled a bit. I nodded and he smiled. He nodded at me then sat back in the car. I waved at him and he waved back. I stood there until the car wasn't in my view then turned and walked into the building. I put on a smile and walked through the lobby, greeting Brian the receptionist before walking into the elevator. I pressed the button to the fifth floor and waited until I was there. When I got there I saw a girl at the desk there. My secretary for the next two months.

"Hi,you must be Miss Alvarez." She said when she looked up and saw me.

"Yeah. I'll be in the office if anything." I said and she nodded and went back to looking at her computer. I went into my dad's office. My temporary office. I took a seat in his chair and instantly missed him. I missed his cooking and weird smoothies that looked weird but tasted amazing. I missed my daddy but I had to get to work so I started signing on manuscripts and I even went through a couple myself. Some were quite interesting and I lost myself in stories that were far beyond awesome. I didn't even notice that it was night time until Gina came in to check out.

"Miss Alvarez, I'm leaving." She said with her bad in hand and some more papers in her left hand.

"Oh,what time is it?" I asked confused as to why she was leaving so early.

"It's nine minutes to eight o'clock." She said and I nodded. No worries I'll probably stay here for a while longer.

"Okay. What you got there?" I nodded towards the papers in her left hand.

"Oh,this is a contract Mr Alvarez was supposed to sign before he left but he said to give it to you to look over it first then sign it for him." She said and I was stunned. Did dad really trust me that much to sign a contract for him? I nodded and she went off with a smile. I went over the contract like five times. It was about a partnership deal with Family Books Corporation. He really trusts me this much to sign it for him? If he trusts me this much then I'm not gonna slack off. I finally decided to call it a night when the clock hit ten thirty. I called Clifford to come get me and we went home.