8. temples

A/N a non-texting chapter!

"Two matcha fish buns, yes." Matsukawa confirmed his order and watched as the man behind the counter poured the green batter onto a fish shaped pan-thing.

This was a day he never thought would come. How many nights did he cry over the fact that Makki didn't come that day? How many days did he regret not being able to meet the one person he liked? All this was about to change, his heart was already trying to escape his chest.

The weather was surprisingly nice, treating them with warm sunlight and a few interestingly shaped clouds, like one that sort of reminded Matsukawa of a pringles can, but we'll talk about that later. The wind was surprisingly tender, blowing ever so slightly to make the curls on Matsukawa's head shift places.

Kyoto was full of temples, and all of them were incredibly pretty. Magnificent colours, outstanding design... it felt like he travelled back in time. He also saw a considerable amount of people dressed in traditional clothing. He wondered how Makki will look like, will he wear something traditional as well? Or perhaps just simple clothes, like jeans and a sweater? Knowing Makki, he could show up in some onesies.

Matsukawa stopped for a second admiring his own attire. Simple black boots, Chelsea's to be exact, ripped dark jeans and a dark button-up. He was rocking his natural curls and had put on glasses instead of contacts. Between you and me, he was wearing his Spongebob boxers, just in case. In order to really spice his appearance up, he even put on his golden earrings and a watch. He ended up looking like a real modern man, a model if you will, getting stares from the ladies passing by.

It had rained the night before, so the air was as fresh as it could be, so Matsukawa decided to wear something "fresh" as well, he wasn't used to these kinds of outfits, he was more of a hoodie & sweatpants kind of guy, but his desire to look good for Makki was too strong.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw someone. Even standing from this far away you could tell that the person was making a fashion statement. Black boots with stars on them paired with blindingly bright white skinny jeans, a surprising crop top which said something on the front, rosé heart-shaped glasses which looked perfect with his wild pink-dyed hair. That was definitely Makki, no doubt.

Matsukawa rushed to his direction, his heart kept beating faster and faster with each step he took in his direction. Makki was typing something on his phone, a glittery phone case sparkled in the sun. Mattsun's phone soon buzzed, a message read "I'm here, look for a pink haired boy", he sighed before rushing to Makki.

"I know you're here!" He exclaimed as he got Makki's attention, the other turned to him, now facing Mattsun in full glory. To say that Matsukawa was love struck would be an understatement, he was pretty sure his heart had stopped beating at this point.

"Wow.. you look so good!" Makki walked closer to Matsukawa, admiring his outfit. A small smile played on his lips as he finally looked Mattsun in the eyes. "You never told me you were a fashionista"

"You're making quite a statement yourself, I mean, you look gorgeous..." Mattsun was in complete awe. Makki chuckled before playfully punching Mattsun's chest.

"Oh you... Let's go! I know a cafe that you would like!" Makki grabbed Matsukawa's hand and started practically dragging him. His skin was so soft and gentle, while Mattsun's was rough.

The two of them talked about this and that in their way to the cafe, avoiding talking about the past as much as possible. It was a sensitive subject after all, they just recently started talking again after years of silence. So neither of them wanted to ruin the friendship that they had right now.