~NINE~

Yoongi~
I sat up, wincing from the scrapes on the palms of my hands and my knees.

What happened?

I looked up and saw that a truck had crashed into the line of cars parked alongside the restaurant. Closer to me than to the truck, there was a strangely familiar heap on the ground. I squinted, trying to focus better...

"Yoki!!!" I screamed.

Frantically crawling on my hands and knees over the pavement, I begged her to be ok. She looked like a broken doll some child had thrown away.

Part of me knew I shouldn't touch her, but I had to. I wanted to pick her up and hold her, but I couldn't. I tried not to move her much as I gently cradled one of her hands.

God, please let her be ok. I need her. Don't take her away from me, please! I'll promise anything you want, God. Just don't let her die!

Things were happening around us, things I tried to filter out. I saw the guy who had been driving stumble out of his truck, obviously drunk. I wanted to kill him, but she was more important. She needed me to stay with her and protect her.

I should've taken better care of her.

"Baby, please wake up! I love you! Wake up! Please don't leave me!" I sobbed. I continued to beg her to stay with me.

People poured out of the restaurant, the sound of the accident bringing out the curious onlookers. I saw the maknaes' faces as it became clear to them it was Yoki on the ground.

Tae fought to get to her, but the other two were holding him back. He dragged them along with him, dropping to his knees by her side.

It's strange the things that will pop into your head at the oddest times, but it was at this moment I realized Tae loved her too. He loved her in a different way, but it was no less real than the way I loved her.

I reached over and gripped his hand, tears pouring down both our faces.

We both looked up as we heard the sound of sirens fill the night. Suddenly, the number of flashing lights was blinding—ambulances, a fire truck, and several police cars converged on us.

People in emergency uniforms ran towards us—towards her.

Jimin and Jungkook pulled Tae away, and he let them, but he hovered, nervously chewing on his perfectly manicured fingernails.

The medics tried to push me out of the way, but I fought them; I couldn't leave her.

From nowhere, Jin was suddenly behind me, arms wrapped around me, pulling me away. I collapsed into him, breaking down.

"You have to let them try to help her," he ordered, still holding me up.

"I love her," I told him, not able to tear my eyes away from her.

"I know you do; I've known it all along. She loves you too," Jin said.

We stood in a little group, the five of us, watching them trying to revive Yoki and failing.

They quickly put her on a stretcher and started to take her away. Jin grabbed one of them by the arm and asked where they were taking her.

"Are you family?"

"Yes," said Jin.

The man told him which hospital and they left.

Just as we were hurrying towards the car to follow, a police officer singled me out and ordered us to stop. He spoke to us for a minute, saying that a witness had told them I was involved. I needed to go to the police station to make a statement and answer questions.