Lissa learns of Adrian's turn

She was exhausted by the time we got home to her place. Only to find Lissa waiting for us. And whatever this visit was about put Rose on edge.

"Roza?"

"Yeah?"

"Come on." I grabbed her hand and led her to her room.

"Dimitri? What's going on?"

"I can tell you're too tense." I placed my hands over Bubby and kissed her forehead. "The shopping did wonders to de-stress and relax you."

She grinned. "That it did." Then her expression changed to something more suggestive, as did her voice when she said "you do it better though."

"Oh Roza." My voice had gone husky, my accent thickening. By god I wanted her right now. "You know it's too dangerous to get into that." I sighed. I was expecting her to tell me off for being 'too responsible'. But it never came.

"You're right. Come on, Lissa's interrogation awaits."

"Interrogation?" I raised an eyebrow,

"Over where Adrian is. Almost no one knows he turned."

"Uh oh."

"Mm." We returned to the lounge - and a waiting Lissa.

"Lissa. I have the answers you're looking for, but you're not going to like them. And please don't explode- I am pregnant remember. I'm blocking the bond as much as possible but you'll override it and slam god-only-knows into Bubby."

"Okay. I'll try. Now, explain."

"Okay. Why you haven't seen Adrian, and why you can't find him is because he's dead. He turned last night or this morning and found me at Dimitri's this morning. He, well, decided that I needed to be 'punished' in a way. He stormed in and chucked a bag at me when I had just gotten over this morning's morning sickness and yelled "here, bloodwhore!" I noticed his eyes and ordered Guardian Shaw to kill-"

"Why Shaw? Why not you or Dimitri?"

"We were, sorta, well, weaponless."

"It's you two, wh- oh! You, ew. Please tell me you didn't compromise the baby."

"It got heated, but no, Bubby didn't get compromised."

I was staying out of this, I'd watch and listen but I knew better than to get in the middle of those two.

"Good. Now, continue."

"So Shaw took him down and I made the mistake of looking in the bag myself."

"What was in it?"

"Blood soaked baby doll, and a heap of my clothes- also blood soaked. It sent me back to the toilet."

"Why? Why did he turn? Why did he do that?"

"He lost it after I told him about Bubby. And then ran straight into Dimitri's arms. And, well, you saw all the PDA's that started the second he was out of the cells. Then me staying over, well, that was probably the last straw."

"And Spirit's darkness exacerbated it, made it bigger than it really was."

"I wouldn't be surprised."

"I'm not going to be mad Rose. We both know how over sensitive he was, and I'd rather have my sister and her soul mate and their baby safe. It's better than him still being Strigoi."

"Thank you Liss."

"Hey Rose?"

"Yeah?"

"Have the guardians gone through his stuff yet?"