Chapter 2

What had just happened? I couldn't believe what he was saying. I stood there staring up into his heated gaze. Aghast that things had spiralled so out of control. That what had been just another attempt to rid me of my cloak had instead led to this.

The cloak shuddered anxiously. I ran a soothing bony finger down its length.

"Finn..," I started to croon soothingly but he was having none of it. In an agitated gesture he first reached out then drew back to run his fingers through his glorious locks anxiously.

"Fin," I said again, this time quietly, waiting for his attention to get back to me. I couldn't see him like this. I couldn't see him hurting. So I offered him his release.

"I no longer hold you to me. I..," but I was cut of by his rude and obnoxious laughter. I would have snapped my teeth together if I could but as it too had rotted away. I could only scowled fiercely. For once feeling unusually happy with my horrorfying looks.

"Am I interrupting?"

I whirled around feeling as if my world is spinning out of control as I turned to face the intruder.

"William?" I cried out instantly recognising his handsome face. I has been ages since we last met. What was it two months back? I turned up my scowl at him. William had been nothing but a good friend these past thirty years. Checking up with me all too regularly. Between these two I have never felt a moments of solitary reflection. There had never been a  chance to sit and bemoans my fate. I hadn't even had the time to have tea with Lady Destiny to ponder and contemplate over the great plan with her. Instead I was coddled. I was maneuvered. I was led by the string like a...like a..goat. By these two.... men.

"Sara," he said nodding at me before turning to face Fin.

"Fin".

"William."

I sighed.

This had already had all the makings of pure awkwardness.