Chapter 16

Was I sure?

Was this the way to go?

What could go wrong?

William and I went through some lengths contemplating every possible eventuality and we were sure we had exhausted every possible topic save one. The very one we have both been tippy toeing around.

The act itself.

"Do you think it knows what were are suggesting?" I asked finally swiftly glancing down to access cloak's reactions. It had been silent of late. Not a whisper of reaction to all we were saying. Did it even know what we were considering? Was it okay with it? Why was I thinking of the cloak as an it when I knew full well its a he?

I groaned inwardly.

I was looking for a way out. Trying to talk myself out of it. Would it be so bad to don the cloak for the rest of forever? Would the cloak really be better of as Michael? I didn't know Michael or even how he looks like. How was I supposed to get it on with him...it...whatever?

At least Michael knew exactly what he was getting into. He'd seen me countless times before when it was William carting him around. And now ... well now he just plain knew me inside out. Literally.

But how was it all to happen anyhow? That was the ultimate question we were all avoiding. I didn't even know where my hymen was... or any other part of me for that matter... or even if my hymen was still there.

I could have already lost my virginity without being any the wiser for it. It could all have been a fluke. Maybe I was not my mother's daughter afterall.

Oh my stars! I could have been adopted!

Slap!

What the...? Did the cloak just slapped me?