Chapter 10

It could have been weeks if not months. I would not know I was hiding in my cave seeking the solitude I would never enjoy again not with  an angel called Michael draped all around me.

I tried not to think about him that way. I tried to think of him as he should be ...as cloak. But that was no longer possible I was stuck with the knowing and could do naught to solve the problem.

I got up from my squatting perch on the  ledge that looked over the valley. Living in this cave agreed with me better than Fin's mansion. The cave was all hard surfaces, cold, damp, dark and barren but for the local population of bats that share this abode with me. It suited my disposition as much as it did my present temperment. But I knew I could not hide here for ever.

Also I was beginning to feel a severe case of the restlessness... and I didn't think it was all me either. Cloak was wanting to go for a walk about too. No doubt down south towards a certain destination where blood spew like lava and all of hell literally broke loose. No doubt he hopes to spear a demonic presence there and put an end to all his problems.

Like that was going to happen.

Wake up and smell the roses Michael if you couldn't do it with William as your anchor , I am the last....oh my stars!

I would have fallen over in shock uf I wasn't already seated. The very idea was so impossibly ridiculous that I knew instantly it was all mine.

Michael? I  am not sure if you can but please try to give me some privacy over my thoughts. I have some heavy planning to do and I'd rather have it all sorted out in my head first before I actually go and do something stupid like tell someone about it.  Someone meaning you of course... and Fin. I had to tell Fin too. But I may have to discuss this with William first.

I sat there on that protruding rock for days more lost in my thoughts planning it all out. I wasn't sure if Michael was listening in but I think he wasn't. My knews was one bound to cause chaos if not utter destruction. So I seriously doubted Michael would have been as silent as he has been.

In the end it had been thirteen days all in all in which I planned the potential demise of hell. Why have a separate resort for the hell bound when there is already ample vices to be enjoyed here on earth. Mother may have abided the agreement with the gods to a degree but she has enough minions to do the dirty for her.

I eased off the hard surface feeling all but boneless floating over the hard ground as I made my way out of the caves that night. Along with the bats I emerged into surrounding wilderness my path illuminated by nothing but the moon and stars in the cloudless night skies.

It is time.

I allowed Michael to take me from there. The cloak was in full control. We moved on silently in the night as threatening as any predator that lurked in the darkness till hours later we broke clear off the woods and started to cross the clearing that ran along the shimmering brook all the way to the base of the hill that housed the mansion overlooking the wilds seas.

I begun the upward climb using my staff needlessly for it was not I who climbed but the cloak...Michael.

Then I was there in the gardens at the back of the house. I heard the clink of metal against metal at the farside. A couple of steps more and I saw the glint of it flash in the moon lit night. Swords at play. No play swords at that but the real deal if the sharp edges flashing in the night was anything to go by.

There was Fin but he was not alone. He fought with another angel. Michael's lack of alarm calmed me instantly. I realised that even though it did not look like a practice... it must be. That even though the blades of the double edged swords looked sharp enough to slice though titanium and that it was being wielded with such aggression... such purpose, it was not a battle.

"Erm..hmm," I cleared my non-existent throat in hopes to gather the attention of the two combatants but neither paid me any notice. Clearly they had already sensed my presence from miles away and were uninclined to cease their jostling on my account.

Well!

I fumed to Michael but the rustle in my cloak indicated he was amused by my plight. I did afterall come all this way to say something of some importance and to be so wholly ignored by my intended audience... well

I ignored Michael's obvious pleasure over the sight of two angels fighting before him and tried to turn my back on them in gumption. But I should have known better what Michael wanted....Michael got.

Just then the clash of metal intensified in speed and offensive maneuver. I really couldn't tell just who was winning and after a moment I didn't even care. Nope the flashing biceps illuminated by the particularly appreciative moon light made the specre before me all that much more entrancing to watch.

It was a while later before a movement closing on me alerted me to the presence of another. I jerked my attention around to late.

I was knocked off my feet in what must have been a bear hug not by one but a few angels both men and women. They sprang back an instant later gaging from my dubious scent. I beamed at them.

Take that amigos.