4: diner for 3?

Chapter 4: Diner for 3?

Hanna's P.O.V

As I walk in the door still blushing from my little incident a second ago with couch Nelson. I smell something really good... Why is my dad home? He doesn't normally get home till late like 8 or 9 and its only 4 in the afternoon. I walk into the kitchen and see my dad cooking a big fancy dinner. Why on earth is he doing that there is only two of us.

"Hi dad, what are you doing home so early?" I say looking confused.

"Hi honey how was school?" He says without looking up from the chicken he is cutting up.

"Boring as usually... Why are you home so early today?"

"We have a new neighbor next door, I invited him over for diner." He says happily.

"Why?"

"Because he is our neighbor and that's the polite thing to do," he stops cutting and looks up annoyed, "Why does it matter?"

"It doesn't I was just curious." I say turning away.

"Go get changed into something nicer he is coming over at 5."

"Okay."

As I make my way up the stairs I contemplate what to wear. I don't want to look to fancy or too causal. I'll were a skirt and a cute shirt with flats and curl my hair.

~~~~~~~~

An hour later I hear the door bell ring. I look myself over once more and then walk out of my bathroom. Once I get to the stairs I can here my dads laugh coming from the front room. I start down the stairs and then see him. He is staring at me and smiling. I smile back and stare at the steps has I go down. Once I make it to the bottom of the stairs my dads starts talking about something random.

"So what do you do as a living?" My dad asks.

"I'm the gym coach at Chantilly high." Coach Nelson says with confidence.

"You teach at Hanna's school, that's good to know there is some nice people there."

"Yes sir," he chuckles a little bit.

My dad just laughs in response. We all walk to the dining room that is hardly ever used. My dad sits at the head of the table and couch Nelson and I sit across each other. My dad excuses himself so he can get us some cups because he forgot to bring them.

"So Hanna, how was school for you today? Anything interesting today happen?" He asks in a flirty way.

"Well you see I have this new gym coach and he is pretty arrogant and cocky. He called me in his office after class and you'll never guess what happened, he didn't have a shirt on," I say remembering his perfectly sculpted body that was under the tips of my fingers just about 2 hours ago, "I wonder why he didn't have a shirt on? Would you happen to know?"

"Maybe he was changing his shirt because it was stunk or he just wanted to be in more comfortable shirt."

"I bet those are the reasons."

"They are don't worry." He smiles.

My dad walks in at the end of the conversation and hands each of us a glass and pours some wine in them. The rest of the night the guys mainly talk while I just sit back and what dinner.

~~~~~~~~~

By the time they were done talking it was 8 o'clock. My dad said good night as he cleaned up the table and asked me to walk him to the door so I did.

"Tell your father I said thanks for having me." He says.

"Okay," I say as I open the door and step out with him and then close the door, "So that was fun."

"Yeah it was." He says has we walk towards his house.

"So ahhhhhh!" I am waiting for the impact with the ground but it never comes. I open my eyes and see two hands wrapped around my waist and pull me back up so I'm pressed against Coach Nelson. I blush slightly.

"Careful there tiger." He smiles and laughs looking extremely cute.

I blush a lot more now, " Oh my gosh I... I... I'm.. Uh.. Sorry uh.. Bout that. And thanks for catching me."

"No problem." He says still laughing.

"So I guess I'll see u at school tomorrow?"

"Yeah see you at school."

"Okay, well good night then."

"Night Hanna."

"Night."

On my walk back all I can think about is how embarrassing me tripping was and his adorably cute smile. Once I make it back my dad starts talking about him and how nice he was and how we finally have a decent neighbor. Once he shuts up its 9 and I just want to go to my room. So I trudge away from him and finally make it to my room and throw myself down on my queen size bed and just burry my head down in my fluffy comforter and then turn my head staring at the wall when I feel my breathing being restricted. I smiled to myself thinking about how cute he was and nice. I slowly began to drift asleep.