~twø~

Most days were normally the same. I wake up, take a shower, stare at myself for a good 10 minutes, and go on with the day. Todays not any different.

I grab my phone after my shower and look on my calendar to see what was going on. I read it carefully,

1:00~ help dad with music

3:30~ interview

I love helping Tyler with his music. It's really fun to hear how everything starts off. He also loves me giving my own input on songs. I'm pretty good at it. 

Ever since the last time I was in the hospital I've been calling Tyler and Jenna mom and dad. They are my family, even if I'm blood related or not. Besides who wants to keep saying Tyler and Jenna? Those names are too long.

I sigh as I look back at the second thing on my schedule. Interviews were always fun, until they started talking about something that was way to sensitive for me to talk about.

And trust me it has happened before.

Once I got asked about my "real" parents. The ones that beat the shit outta me every day for 15 years. I'm very open to talking about how I was adopted by Tyler and Jenna, but parts of me just don't want to relive the time where I was beaten. It triggers memories that take me into a dark place mentally.

I make my way into my messy closet, searching for something nice, but comfortable to wear. I eventually decide on black leggings and a blue sweater, matching my hair. I throw my hair into a messy bun and walk down stairs for breakfast.

"Morning mom" I open the fridge and grab the milk out as well the the cereal. Simple yet delicious.

"Morning Crystal" Jenna says sipping on her coffee. A gather my food and head to the table, sitting across from Jenna.

"Have you seen dad?" I say midway though my cereal.

"I'm pretty sure he wanted an early start with music. He wants to try to get all the songs done for this album by the end of the year"

"Shit why didn't he tell me!"

"Crystal language!"

"Sorry mom but im a grown adult now and I think saying 'shit' to express my emotion isn't bad" I chuckle.

"Well it's not the nicest thing to say, you don't here me or Tyler saying anything"

"Well he said fu-"

"Crystal!"

"Sorry"

I finish up my cereal and cleaned up my mess. I quickly grab my phone and head downstairs to work on music with Tyler.

I open the basement door and make my way down the steps, careful not to trip down them like I normally do. My bare feet hit the cold tile and sent chills all through my body.

Damn this basement is cold

I finally make it to where Tyler sitting. He's messing around with his synth and trying to get a melody of some sort down.

"Damnit!"

"Dad it's not nice to say that!"

He turns to me and breaks out laughing.

I do the same.

I approach him and sit in a desk chair that is right next to him.

"Whatcha working on?" I ask. I pick up his bass and start to play random riffs I've learned over the years.