Chapter 12 - The Big Day Approaches

I woke in Namjoon's arms, a peaceful look on his sleeping face. He was really out, didn't even flinch when I kissed his nose, he must have been up late talking to his parents. Today I'd have to call mine, but I wanted to wait until Namjoon was up. It felt wrong to introduce them to my future husband and tell them about getting married in Korea over voice alone, this was a job for video. Although they knew about him, and had seen pictures, they had never seen him live or in person and knew nothing of us getting married or even talking about kids. I didn't want to excite them until I was sure.

With a nice long stretch and a sigh, I got up and went out to borrow the kitchen to make him some breakfast and tidy up the house. I'd let him sleep a while longer first. Starting in the kitchen, I got the dishes going, washed the pots and pans, and threw out the left-over food that we never got around to cleaning up. Oh well, it was worth wasting it for what he gave me. Finishing up the counter tops, I moved into the living room and picked up this and that from the floor and straightened the blanket that laid over the back of the couch. I wanted to vacuum, but I was afraid to wake him, so I resorted to the broom.

Putting some headphones in, I took the broom and began to sweep as I danced about the house, singing softly to myself. The CD's Yoongi had given me to try were not as bad as I thought they would be, but not so good for on the go, so I found most of the songs on Spotify and added them to my phone, along with some of the old tracks of Namjoon's underground days that he sent me in secret. My country blood was converted to rock as a teenager, but with Yoongi's help, I was slowly finding some rap and hip hop that I actually enjoyed. He even gave me some R&B and Ballads and I was liking those, too. I was moving along to the beat of the songs as I backed up through the house, gathering a small pile of dirt until I bumped into a hard surface. Startled and knocked out of my own little world, I thought I hit the lamp. I cringed and waited for the crash but heard nothing. Instead, a warm body pressed to my back and arms wrapped around my middle. Soft lips touched my cheek and made my eyes open with a smile.

"Good morning, Charming.", I twisted to look at him.

"Morning, Cinderella.", his lips touched mine.

"How did it go with Eomma and Appa?", I had gotten used to calling them that now. Namjoon smiled hearing me say it so casually.

"They were a little disappointed your parents wouldn't be there, but Eomma was more than excited for the news. She has probably already made all the arrangements for the wedding hall and ceremony."

"No time to waste, eh?"

"Weddings aren't a big to-do in Korea, they are pretty short and to the point, but involve a lot of tradition."

"Tell me all about it while I make my wonderful man some breakfast. Are you hungry?"

"After last night, I could really use some food. I don't care what it is, just make sure there is plenty of it.", he chuckled.

He told me all about traditional and modern wedding customs, things that would be expected of me, and how the ceremony would go as I made him a large French toast and sausage breakfast.

"Wow, that really is short... but SO MUCH happens in that short amount of time! Do I really have to sit there and greet all these people I don't know? I don't even speak their language."

"I will teach you some basic things to say to thank them for attending. It will be alright, and I will be with you through most of it. Mom will be filling in for the role of your mother too, if you are okay with that."

"Of course!"

"She agreed to give a little on some of the traditions if we agreed to keep her on a video call during our ceremony with your family."