Chapter 19 - Making Dreams Come True

Three days later I woke in a hospital bed, IV's in my arm and tubes in my nose. I was in a private room and the lights were dim. Looking around, I saw two little cribs with babies fast asleep in them and two cots on the floor, with two very wonderful men asleep in those as well. My mouth was so dry, trying to swallow, I started coughing.

Namjoon woke to the sound and sat up. Looking around, he saw Yoongi still asleep, but almost fell out of his cot when his eyes landed on the love of his life, sitting up in her bed.

"JI JI!", he scrambled to get up and ran to the bed.

"Hi, Charming...", my voice was little more than rasp.

"Oh God baby, I thought I lost you! You were gone! I thought you had left me!", he cried into my shoulder. "I didn't know what to do..."

"Water..."

"What?"

"Water."

"Hyung! Wake up!", he yelled.

Yoongi sat up with an irritated face at first, forgetting where he was. "Ji!"

"Stay with her! I need to get her some water.", he was up and out.

"Damn, baby girl... you had us both lost.", he ran a hand through my messy hair.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi..."

"Don't leave me again, okay? I don't think I could handle it."

"I won't. How are the babies?"

"Their great. Isa couldn't look more like you if she was your twin. I don't know about Baekhyeon though... I think he looks like me more than Namjoon... should we tell him?"

"Shut up, weirdo...", coughing overtook me again as I tried to laugh.

"Sorry, Ji... you should lay back."

"Here, honey.", Namjoon came back with some water and helped me take a sip.

After that, I passed out again, but when I woke, Namjoon and Yoongi were next to the bed; each with a small bundle in their arms. It was feeding time.

"Let me have one of those gorgeous babies.", I mumbled. I was feeling stronger already.

"The doctors say you are getting better. They said you can go home in a week."

"And I'm staying until you are better."

"You can't, you have a career to pursue.", I scolded him.

"I put my debut on hold, and I can still write from here."

"Fool."

"I'm okay with that.", he smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later, I was going home, my new family in our arms. Yoongi had stayed, just as he said he would and helped us get settled in with the babies. I was mostly back to normal after that very real brush with death, but I was told to keep things light. I had been unlikely to conceive, and for doing so, I paid the price. I lost a portion of my life that day, along with the ability to ever have kids again. The complications had left my body in ruins internally, but I had my two beautiful children, my wonderful husband and a whole family of close friends... that was enough for me, more than enough.

Yoongi stayed two more days before going back home, to help us finish setting up the baby room. It was so nice having him around, but it made me miss everyone else. I couldn't wait to tell them all we were moving there... but I was dreading telling my parents and Cindy. I would have to call them soon anyway to let everyone know I was alright. Namjoon had called everyone while I was in the hospital to let them know, giving day by day check-ins, but in the turmoil of the birthing, I don't think anyone had been contacted.