PSAT Day

It was PSAT testing day. Technically, I don't need to take it, but because Im ahead in all of my other classes, except for math, my parents thought it'd be good for me to take it now.

"Where's Lydia?" Malia asked

"She took it her freshman year" Stiles tells her.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia asked annoyed

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us. Even Kaylee, and she IS a freshman." Scott tells Malia, putting emphasis on the is.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good" She says.

"Well" I correct her.

"Well, what?" Malia asks me

"It's so well..not..good" I tell her.

"God!" She says annoyed.

"You're doing this" Scott tells Malia. "Because while were trying not to die, we still need to live. If i survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college" Scott adds on.

"It's only three hours. We ca survive three hours." Kira chimes in.

We get into the classroom, and I reach the desk. I place my thumb on the ink pad, and then place my thumb on my test sheet. I grabbed a pencil, and moved along the line.

"Phone Ms. McCall, you'll get it back after the test" Mrs. Martin says. So I do what she tells me. I then proceed to take a seat at a desk, next to Scott.

"Scott?" I ask getting his attention. "I'm really starting to second guess taking the test now" I tell him with a shaky voice.

"You'll be okay, Kay." He tells me in a comforting way.

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so" The test proctorer says, because Stiles open up his test book.

"This test is 2 hours and 10 minutes. There will be two 25 minute critical reading sections, two 25 minute math section, and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes." The guy continues.

The teacher and Mrs. Martin were talking, but I could grasp what they were saying. My nerves were too up in the air, and I was starting to really not feel good.

"You may now open your test booklets and begin" says the test guy.

I open my book, and the words instantly begin to jumble up. I can make out anything that's written on my paper.

Pages continue to flip and pencils continue to write, and I still have nothing marked. It started to get super hot in the room, and I couldn't focus. I looked around the room and met eyes with Malia. She looked shocked, and pointed to her eyes.

"Your eyes" she mouthed.

My eyes? What was wrong with my eyes? Just then, a girl named Sydney fell limp out of her seat. Mrs. Martin rushed over to her, and helped her back in her seat, noticing something on her arm. Mrs. Martin left the classroom for a few minutes, and then out of nowhere, the school was quarantined.

"Kaylee!" Scott said harshly, pulling me to the side. I just look at him confused. "You're eyes" he said.

"What about them?" I asked.

He looked around for a second, and then pulled me into the bathroom.

"Look. They're purple" he said.

"What?" I wondered touching around my eyes.

"Do you know anything about this?" He asked me.

"No. I don't. At all" I said worried.