New Problems

Scott drags me with him to guy meet up with a guy named Derek because of a guy named Jordan Parrish. Oh, and since I'm on the list, but we still have no clue what I am not told my mom, he won't let me stay home alone

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asks Parrish while examining his hands.

"It's the hair and nails isn't it?" Lydia chimes in. "The parts of the body that are essentially dead."

"Well they should be gone." Derek tells her

"I was set on fire. All of me should be gone." Parrish justifies.

"Not if your like us." Scott adds in

"Like you?" Parrish asks confused.

"I don't think he's like us" Derek announced.

"Then what is he?" I curiously ask

I zone out of the conversation because none of it has anything to do with me, but when Parrish says something, it catches my attention.

"Just tell me one thing." He begins. " are all of you like Lydia?" He asks.

All of our faces contort into confusion

"Are you all psychic?" He finally asks.

I laugh in my head a little

"Psychics?" Derek asks

"Yeah" Parrish replies

"Not exactly" Scott adds in

"Okay, then. What are you?" Parrish asked Scott.

Scott looks at Derek, and Derek gives him to 'go ahead'. He looks at Parrish, and flashes his eyes red.

Parrish then turns to look at me. "You're his sister. Can you do that?" He asks me.

"I'm not what Scott it. We don't know what I am. But I can try to do mine." I tell him. Derek and Lydia look at Scott confused. They don't know either. I look at Parrish, close my eyes, then open them.

"They're purple" Lydia acknowledges.

"Yeah.." I trail off, before Scott starts explain to Jordan all about the supernatural stuff

"What's a Kanima?" Parrish asks, trying to understand everything.

"We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us, everyone with some kind of supernatural ability is on the dead pool." Scott starts to say taking a seat on the arm of the couch.

"But I don't even know what I am" Parrish freaks out.

"Neither do I" I calmly chime in

"I'm pretty sure they don't care" Derek says, looking at Parrish

"How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Parrish continues to ask

"We're starting to lose count" Lydia tells him, beginning to pace around the room.

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott and I ask in unison.

"I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish tells us.

"Well that means anyone with the dead pool could take a chance." Derek adds back into the conversation. And this is when I choose to zone out of the conversation, and continue to think about when to tell Liam. Tell him everything.

➖➖➖

The next day, I go to school with Scott and Stiles, because Liam never picked up his phone when I called him. When we get there, I meet up with Mason, and we run into Liam.

"Liam!" Mason starts off. "Hey, Am O gonna see you at the bonfire tonight?"

"Uh... I'm thinking about skipping it. Kaylee and I were just gonna hang out." He tells Mason.

"What?" I asked Liam confused.

"You're not skipping it." Mason says to the both of us.

"Why not?" Liam asked annoyed.

"Because you're both on the lacrosse team. Don't you have to go?" Mason tries to convince Liam.

"I don't know, uh..." Liam says, looking to the right of him. "I don't think I can make it"

"You're coming" Mason tells him like an order. "And we're gonna find you a nice girl that you can embarrass yourself in front of and find me a lacrosse player. Because statistically speaking, someone on your team, has gotta be on my team" Mason tell him.

"Excuse me. Why can't I be the nice girl Liam embarrasses himself in front of?" I say smacking Masons arm

"Maybe cause no one ever told me" Mason said, putting his hands up in defense.

I look back at Liam who seems zoned out.

"Liam?" Mason asks trying to get his attention.

"Okay. I- We- We'll be there." Liam says walking off.

I leave Mason and catch up to Liam, grabbing his arm. "Liam can I talk to you real quickly? It's.. important."

"I- uhh.. can we talk about it later?" he asks.

"I mean.. I guess?" I try to say before he grabs my hands and drags me to the locker room.

Coach starts talking about the bonfire tonight, but Liam doesn't focus on anything he's saying. Instead, he focuses on either the net on his lacrosse stick, or tracing the lines on the palm of my hand.

"I also remind you your team captain, McCall.. older McCall, will be there. And I can count on him to narc in any and everyone of these little bastards." Coach continues to say before Liam gets up and leaves. I look at my brother, and then follow after Liam to the other side of the locker room.

"Liam?" I ask. "You wanna tell me what's going on with you?" I ask, stopping him from messing with his stick. "I'm really trying to be open and honest with you about myself. You know, how it should work in a relationship. Even if that's what we're in? I'm trying here. Can't you try to put at least a small amount of effort?"

He turns around and starts walking towards me, I try to start talking again, but Liam grabs my face and attaches his lips to mine, holding them there for a few seconds after I kiss him back.

"You're my girlfriend if that okay with you" He tells me.

"That's perfectly fine with me" I smile, reattaching our lips together.

"I'm really gonna need to start getting g used to you kissing me sister." Scot says, clearing his throat and breaking the silence.

We all head to sit down on the stairs.

"Hey. You okay?" Scott asks him. But Liam ignored him. "Hey" Scott tried one more time, getting his attention.

"Last night my printer went off by itself. I couldn't turn it off" he scoffed. "I hit the cancel button. But it just kept printing."

"Printing what?" Scott asked

Liam reaches into his pocket, and hands Scott a folded up piece of paper.

"What the hell is this?" We all heat Coach yell from his office. We get up, and go to him. A lunch of papers were printing. out of his printer. The dead pool

Scott picks up one of the papers, and Liam pushes us to the side.

"You see the difference?" Liam asks

"Derek's not on the list anymore" Scott says.

"And I'm not worth 3 million. It's 18 now. $18 million." He says looking and Scott.

Scott then looks at Liam, and then to me. "And your worth 14." he says with a shaky voice

"$14 million?" I ask shocked.

"Yeah. 14 million." Scott says.