The Stupid Plan

I wake up and notice no ones in the house. Mom's at work, but I try calling Stiles, Scott and Liam, but no one answers. I think nothing of it, and begin to get ready for the day I finish up, pulling the top half of my hair back into a hair tie, when I get a text from Stiles. Meet us at the hospital. I read, so I pull my shoes on, and run out the door.

I run through the hospital doors, and see my mom screaming in pain to Liam's dad.

"Mom?" I nervously ask. "Mom, what's going on?" I feel my heartbeat rising.

"Kaylee, go find Liam. Please." Liam's dad calmly asks me

"No! I want to know what's going on. Tell me what going on!" I argue before I'm cut off. Liam

"Kaylee?" he says

"Liam.. where's Scott?" I ask, my breath becoming heavy and spaced out.

"Kaylee.." He begins

I look back at Liam's dad and my mom. "What happened to my brother!" I shouted through the hospital, then look back at Liam

"Kaylee, I'm so sorry.." He begins to say, walking towards me.

I instantly put one hand over my stomach and cover my mouth with the other.

"No. Liam, no. Don't tell me, no. no, no. I- I can't" I begin to cry, losing my footing, and scream in pain like my mom

Liam pulls my into a tight hug as I continue to cry. "It's going to be okay. I promise you. Everything makes going to be fine"

"I just got to be back with him Liam" I struggled to say. "Nothings going to be fine, with him gone" I tried to say clearly.

My mom walked into the morgue, while Liam and I followed behind, holding my shaky body close to him.

"I still hate this plan." my mom says looking between me and my brother, who was laying on a tray. "I mean this is pretty significantly terrifying-" she begins, and I cut her off

"He looks dead!" I raise my voice

"Kaylee, I need you to just breathe" Liam whispers to me, pulling my closer and rubbing his thumb on my arm.

"Give your hand" Kira's mom says to my mom and I.

We give her our hand. She takes my mom's first, and then places it on Scott's chest.

She takes a breath in and looks at me. "His hearts still beating, Kaylee. He's okay" She tells me. Kira's mom then takes my hand, and shows me. His heartbeat

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive" Mom asks

"Enough for an alpha." Kira's mom tells her

"How much time do we have?" Mom asks looking up at me with a slight smile.

"45 minutes" Kira's mom says

"What happens after that?" I question, scared about the answer.

"I bring him back to same way" Kira says, looking between my mom and I

"No, I think she means what happens if he stays like this longer than 45 minutes" My mom says for me.

"No ones told her?" Kira's mom asks.

"What?" my mom begins, starting to have a slight aggressive tone. "What happens after 45 minutes?"

"He dies" Kira's mom informs my mom and I.

I shutter in fear, and hide my face against Liam's chest, both of his arms wrap around me.

➖➖➖