Chapter 6

Peter looked at Y/n, "I don't mean to be an idiot and be rude, but can we look at your designs. I have always wanted to see the ideas that you come up with." She looked at him and hesitantly pulled out her notebook. "I guess it's fine that you look at them," she said before she mumbled, "As long as you don't take full credit for my ideas." Peter looked at her, the girl not knowing that he could hear her mumbling.

He looked down at his blank page and began to ponder what she meant behind that statement. He took a deep breath and let it slide, for now, he'll save those questions for a later time. He gestured for her to sit at either the desk or on the bottom bunk, but she shook her head and decided that she was going to just sit on the floor right by his bottom bunk. He looked at her as she was looking down at her notebook.

"What are your ideas? Cause I currently have nothing. Like no ideas whatsoever." He said as she flipped through the pages in her book. "Well, there is a drone that can assist in cleaning the collateral damage of fights from like the Avengers. Or maybe we could fix that damn elevator!!!" She yelled angrily about their building maintenance.

He laughed at her as she had stood up in a pose, like the one dramatic anime character making a bold speech that no is really paying attention to. She looked over at him, she tried to maintain a serious look on her face but then she started to giggle uncontrollably. She didn't know why but she couldn't help but smile along with him.

She then sat back down and sat with her legs crossed. She 'coughed' and looked at Peter. "Are you sure that you don't have any ideas? I mean, you are like the smartest kid in our class at school." He blushed a bit as he shrugged. "Not really. Maybe we could build a potato arc reactor?"

The girl laughed as she shook her head, "That is the weirdest idea that I have heard. And I serve sandwiches to potheads almost every day. You wouldn't believe the weird things that I hear every day when I am at work." He tilted his head in curiosity. "Tell me a story on one of these weird things that you have heard."

She rolled her eyes as she began to sketch out a person in her book. "Well, these two guys walked into the store, and the first guy, who I'm calling Michael, was like, 'If you get your leg chopped off, where would the pain go?' The other guy, who I now call Jeremy, was like, 'It would be in your leg.' Michael then was like, 'Where would the pain the pain go if you don't have a leg?'"

Peter laughed as he glanced over at her sketch, at first it was just a head shape but it was like a visor. "What are you sketching out?" He asked leaning over the side of the bed. She looked towards him, not realizing how close he was to her face. She stared into his brown eyes and honestly got lost in them. He didn't even stop to look into her eyes.

They both just stayed there. Both of them staring at each other until Peter heard the front door shut, which snapped Peter back into reality. Peter pulled away from their closeness and brought Y/n back into reality as well. She looked away from him and closed her notebook.

Peter got up from the bed slowly and looked at her, "I think that the pizza is here. Let's eat, and then you can talk to me about what you were sketching" She nodded along to what he had said, just barely listening. She stood up and followed him out of his room into the living room. May had just set two liters of Coke and a box of pizza sitting on the coffee table.

May looked over at the two of them, "Hey my little einsteins. Pizza's here. I also ordered soda for y'all. I hope that Coke is okay." Y/n smiled at May, "Thank you, Mrs. Parker. I appreciate you having me over for dinner." May smiled back at her, "It's not a problem. It's not a problem at all. But please, call me May."

Y/n nodded and sat down on the floor between the couch and the coffee table. Peter sat down beside her and May sat on the couch in between the two of them. To be honest, Y/n was a little grateful for that. She couldn't get Peter out of her mind lately, which doesn't help that she is currently in his home. But the distance between the two of them felt good to her.