Chapter 8

Y/n sat at the table, eating out with the Parkers. There wasn't a whole lot of conversation at the table except for Aunt May trying to make puns about larb. Y/n looked over at Peter, he seemed out of it. "How many times do I have to say larb before you talk to me?" May asked as he then snapped out of his head.

"I need a new backpack." He said, looking down at his plate. May looked at him and sighed, "I just bought you one." He shrugged and gave a nervous smile. "Sorry." He said as the news came on. May turned to look and saw that Delmar's was set on fire due to a fight at the bank across the street. No casualties or major injuries. Just some employees that came out a bit smoked out. May looked at Y/n with fear in her eyes.

"Y/n, are you okay?" She asked, gently placing her hand on top of Y/n's. Y/n almost snapped her away from her. The h/c nodded her head, "Yeah. Just a few small burns, and a little bit of smoke inhalation. But I'm fine. Spider-Man saved me. I am also going to be buying a backpack with my last paycheck. " May squeezed her hand softly, "I'll get it for you while I get Peter a new one." She smiled and nodded, not wanting to be rude and deny her. Also, she was always afraid to say no.

May then looked at Peter, "And you mister, if you see anything like that. You are to run in the opposite direction. I don't want you to be anywhere near anything like that, promise me." May demanded with a serious look in her eyes. Peter nodded at his aunt, "Yeah, of course. I promise."

A waiter walked over to their table and set down a plate of rice pudding. Aunt May looked at the waiter, then politely told him that she didn't order it. He smiled and said that it was on the house. He winked at her before he left the table. Peter and Y/n looked at each other and then said, "I think that he larbs you.."

May's face flushed a bit as she looked at the two teens that sat across from her. "Finish up, you two. Don't you have a project that you need to be working on?" May said as she looked at the two of them. They didn't respond, they just continued to eat their food.

When they got back to the apartment, Y/n had checked her phone and saw that her mom had texted her. She wanted to know where she was and when she would be home. She sighed and texted her mom. She didn't want to know what her Mom would do if she was just trying to stay away from the place.

So she texted her mom that she was staying the night with her partner for the science fair and that she would be home tomorrow after school. Her mom sent back a thumbs up. She then looked at Peter and May. They seemed so loving and kind. A family that she had always wanted.

She loved her mom, but she was never there for her. But she wasn't there when she needed her most. She always felt that she had to keep everything away from her. Her crushes, her problems, and even just basic help. Her mom always seemed to have something wrong with Y/n, the apartment, or her own problems. Her mother never seemed to be satisfied. So she just kept it all inside of her. Letting it all be bottled up whenever she was at home. Then she would release all of that energy towards MJ.

Peter had to snap her out of her daze by speaking to her. She looked at him and spaced out once again. He began talking to her again, "Hey, are you okay? You are spacing out. Like a lot." She just nodded, not saying a word in response.

Peter nodded as she walked over to get her notebook and then sat down at the dining table. Peter brought his bag over and sat down beside her. "So, we are going to have to start getting parts really soon. I know of some places that I can get them from. So.." Peter looked over at her and noticed that she wasn't paying attention. She was just scribbling in the margins of her notebook.

"Y/n, I'm the secret love child of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts." He said blatantly, thinking that the news would snap her out of her trance. Unfortunately, that did not work so he then placed a hand on her shoulder and she flinched. Quickly grabbing his hand and flinging it away from her body.

She looked at him then quickly and quietly apologized. Peter shook his head, "Don't worry about it. Are you okay? You are seriously spacing out today." She shrugged as she carefully rubbed under her eyes so her makeup wouldn't reveal the dark bags that were under her eyes.

"Let's head to bed now. It's getting late." He said as she shook her head. "I don't want to sleep. Could we just stay up and do something else? My brain is too tired to think straight but too awake from the incident tonight to stay calm." He nodded as he gave her a soft smile.

"Do you want some hot chocolate?" He offered her in kindness. She nodded as began to stand up. He filled a kettle and then set it on the stove. He pulled some mugs down and then went to grab a blanket as Y/n sat down on the couch.

Peter soon joined her on the couch and flopped the blanket over the top of her head. She yeeted it down and laughed a bit. She threw the blanket at him and laughed. He looked at her with a cheeky smirk across his face. He was about to throw a pillow at him but then he was hit in the face with the pillow.

He laughed as they continued onward into a full-on pillow fight. He went to smack her in the face but then he was tackled by her and then was being 'suffocated' by a pillow. She sat on top of his legs and began to smack him with the pillow. "Admit that I win this war." He smirked and then flipped their positions. He leaned down towards her face, getting extremely close that their noses were just barely touching.

Just as he was about to smack her, the kettle began to whistle. Peter smacked her one last time before he got up and went to go make their hot chocolate. She stood on the couch and began to sing out loud, "I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!" He shook his head as he pulled down two mugs that had puns on them.

She sat back down on the couch and relaxed. Peter shouted from the kitchen, "How do you take your hot chocolate?" She answered his question by shouting back with, "Creamy, so put lots of milk or cream in it. He walked over and set their mugs on the table, then threw the blanket back over her. He sat down beside her and turned on the TV.

"So what are we going to be watching tonight?" She asked the boy beside her. He shrugged his shoulders. "Do you want to watch My Hero Academia?" He asked. She nodded, "Watching it for like the fifth time.. Wouldn't hurt. Let's do this." He chuckled as clicked play.

She huddled up and began to slowly sip her hot chocolate as she hummed the opening theme to the show. He constantly kept looking over at her as she would occasionally geek out over the characters in the show.

Soon enough, the two of them fell asleep on the couch. May walked out and turned off everything and wished them a good night. Wishing that they both had sweet dreams.