Chapter 13

Keaton's pov

I sighed as I downed my 10th beer. ever since Brooke left, all I've done is drink. she won't talk to me, she wants nothing to do with me and that has to do with the girl sitting next me looking at me worriedly. "what?" I slurred.

"Stop drinking sweetie and come to the room. to sleep." Mariah suggested. you wanna know why I'm with her right? well it's because she was my last choice, she's the only one that still loves me. She's still here even if I screw up, she didn't leave when I chose Brooke over her, she never gave up. she kept trying until she had me, which she does now. I still loved brooke, a lot, but she's with Bryan now. she wants nothing to do with me, and it's ok.. I miss her like hell and Mariah understands that I still love Brooke and if she were to come back for me I would take her in a heartbeat. just then a knock came on the door.

"CAIDEN?! GET THAT PLEASE!" I yelled. he rushed in and opened the door, "BROOKIE COOKIE!!" he yelled. I froze and looked at the door and there she was. Standing there as beautiful as ever. I looked at Mariah and she looked defeated.

"Uh, hey guys. can I come in?" she asked sweetly. "oh, yeah come on in, and Brian. You can come in too." joy, the guy himself is here. I shook my head and laid it on Mariah's shoulder. She patted me on the head and kissed my forehead. I let out a quiet sob that only she would hear. I was still hurt, a lot.

"Guys, I need to tell you something." she said a little nervously. "ok go ahead." Caiden encouraged.

I looked up at her as she lifted up her left hand, "I'm getting married." Mariah froze next me and grabbed onto my hand, she understood the pain I was having. even Caiden froze looking at her hand. I yanked my hand away from Mariahs cold grasp and knelt in front of Brooke. she looked a little scared to see me kneeling in front of her.

"Hi Keaton." she whispered. I lifted my shaky hand and placed it on her cheek as a tear fell from my eye. she looked down and back up.

"I'm sorry.." she started. "no, don't say you're sorry, cuz you aren't. if you were you would be here with me and not him. We would be happy together Brooke! you didn't let me explain myself that night, you just ran away with Brian. I tried calling so many times but you never answered once. I just wanted to explain everything, I wanted and still want you. I'm broken, I need to fix me up.." I had tears falling freely and she had started to tear up. she quickly looked away and put my hand down next to me. "keaton.. just dont." she stood up grabbing Brian's hand.

"Caiden you are invited to my wedding, and if Keaton wants to come he can, but not with that slut he carries around with him." Mariah instantly stood up,

"Watch yourself Brookelyn." she smirked, "who's boyfriend are you going to take next? mine? again?" she spat. Mariah tensed up, "I mean it Brooke, don't push me." Brian tugged on her arm, "come on brooke, don't go down to her level. come on." she shook her head.

"Mariah, he was mine and you took him from me." she broke down and fell to her knees. "he was mine, he wanted me, he chose me! why did you have to come back? he was mine and only mine but you came back. why??" she was crying in her hands now. Brian didn't know what to do but kneel next to her and wrap her up.

Caiden just stood there, not knowing what to do. "maybe because I love him and he loves me Brooke, you were nothing but a cover up, nothing but someone he used. he tried getting over me but he cant, so it's your fault because you weren't good enough for him." she spat, I put a hand on her shoulder, "stop it Mariah, you've gone too far." "no it's ok Keaton. I now know it's over, it's over. do you love her keaton?" I had to say yes I had to, so I would stop hurting and she could get married and be happy. I need this for her and me.

"Yes Brooke. I do, with all my heart." she nodded softly and left without even goodbye.

When she left and Mariah and I went upstairs for bed. she fell asleep instantly, and I broke down. I just lost her, i lied to her.. it's all done. I can't do this, not with Mariah. I need to get her back before she's married and fast..