Chapter 12

"Brian? Are you ready to leave?" I asked while grabbing my purse. "yeah give me a second babe."

It's been a year now since I've spoken to anyone from that house. Caiden called everyday but that's stopped. its only once in awhile and I'm fine with that, we are still really close. me and Brian have been great, I've fallen back in love with him and he's never stopped telling me how much he loves me. it's just great, and I don't want anything to change that. tonight we are going out to dinner to celebrate our one year. we moved out of town together and I'm glad. I left my old life behind and started again. I'm attending college and have made great friends.

Brian grabs my hand pulling me along with him. he kisses my forehead and tells me to stand on the porch so i do. he calls me a few minutes later.

"Brian? where did you go?"

"To the restaurant"

"Without me? why?"

"Your ride will be there soon" with that being said he hung up. I sighed and waited until a black limo pulled up. I gasped as the driver walked out with flowers, "these are for you ma'am." they were my favorite, pink roses. there was a card attached,

'To the love of my life, Brian" I smile and smell the flowers which smell amazing. I sigh and climb into the limo wondering where in the world we are going. he claims its a surprise so I just go along with it, confused as always.

When we got to the restaurant I smiled softly, this place looks familiar but I don't know why. I see signs and pictures and flowers everywhere. I step out looking at the first picture I see. its of me and Brian when we were just freshman, it was our first picture we ever took. it was of us kissing, blushing slightly I pick up the rose that the sign tells me to do at each picture.

The next picture is of me when I got the oversized teddy bear and huge box of chocolates for Valentine's Day in sophomore year. I giggle as I remember my reaction.

The next picture was of me and him before homecoming in sophomore year. we looked great, me in my turquoise dress and silver heels, and him in a tux. it suited him well.

The second to last picture was of me and him prom night junior year. I smiled softly at the picture, that was the night before I found out he cheated on me, but it still was the best night of my life.

Grabbing the rose I went to the last picture, it was of me before I left the house waiting patiently for him to come get me. I being very confused took the rose and walked into the small diner and found no one in here with the lights dimmed and a table with a candle and another pink rose.

"Brian? what's going on?" he came up behind me wrapping me in his arms kissing my cheek. he sat me down pouring some wine for us

"Wait and you'll see my love." I blushed and looked over the menu. a few minutes later I ordered and just looked at Brian, he looked nervous.

"Baby what's wrong? you seem..." I was looking for the word to use. "tense, or nervous?" he smiled, "I'm fine sweetie" he grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze. I smiled at our hands and took a sip of my wine. A few minutes later Brian let go of my hand and stood up next to me.

"Brooke, I've loved you since the very first day I saw you. those bright eyes and you're perfect smile makes me fall in love even more each day I see them. I'm glad to know I'm the one that's making you happy, and I don't want that to ever change. you mean the world to me, and I'll do everything I can to make sure you're happy. I would love to spend the rest of my life and to raise a family with you. Brooke? will you marry me?" tears fell silently down my face and I nodded with a huge smile on my face. I'm actually getting married! It's finally happening! he placed the ring on my finger and picked me up twirling me around. he kissed me softly before we finished our night.

I couldn't be happier.