Chapter 7

Brookelynn's POV

After he paid the bill, and I cleaned my face up we walked to the car. I was embarrassed by how upset I was, and I probably looked like an idiot to a lot of people, but I didn't care what they thought. I was happy that Keaton still wanted me for me, and didn't hate me for what I have done in my past.

We got back to the house, which was a silent ride home. it was a comfortable silence, it let me think about what I really wanted and I've come up with what I'm doing after summer is over.. but I won't tell the boys just yet, we'll let it be for now. I walked in the house with a fake smile, as I said a hey to the boys before walking up to my room. there was so much still to think about.

I closed my door silently and laid on my bed. I sighed and checked my phone, I had 10 missed calls and 15 texts. all from my mom, joy what does she want? I called her back, and she answered immediately.

"Brooke! why haven't you answered my calls? or my texts??"

"Cuz mom, I didn't want to. I was at breakfast anyways."

"For two hour?!" I huffed

"Yes mom, with a boy I really like, now if you'll excuse me, I would love to get back to living my life, which you were never a part of. I'm happy now." I lied soothly.

"What?! a boy?! no, no, no! no boys! What happened to Brian?!"

"None of your fucking business mom. why do you care all of a sudden??? you never did, and you blamed me for dad's death, which wasn't even my fault! I'm done with you, and for your information I've decided to go to college, as far from you as possible. and I won't even let you know when I leave. now bye"

Before she could respond I hung up the phone and set it on my bedside table. I huffed, why can't she leave me alone?

"You're going to college...?" I looked up and saw sadness in Caiden's eyes. my shoulders slumped.

"I don't know yet.. how much of that conversation did you hear?"

"Enough to know you hate your mom." he chuckled and I threw a pillow at him, "shut it." I smiled, and for once, this smile was real.

He sat next to me, and looked at me. "why did you come in here anyways Caiden?"

"Oh! right! well, we are having a party tonight and was coming to see if you would help us set up, and make food and all that junk???" he asked getting excited, and for once, I was excited for a party. "sure! what time is the party?"

He looked at the ground, "in five hours.."

"Caiden!! why didn't you tell me this morning?!"

"Cuz you were busy smooching with Keaton." he laughed and ran before I could catch him. I huffed and walked into the kitchen to start cooking.

Yippie for me. cooking for three to four hours and then setting up which will leave me with like 30 minutes to get myself teady. imma kill that boy one of these days. I laughed at my own thoughts and started cooking.

Here goes nothing!