Chapter 5

Brooklynn's POV

When I got home Keaton followed me in but went into his room, I sighed, he's avoided me all day at school. I went into the bathroom and sure enough there were deep purple bruises on my cheeks and a red cut right below my eye. my eye was swollen and I sat down and cried against the door. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I hate it.

Half an hour later I stood up and wiped my eyes clean. I looked myself in the mirror and looked horrible.. I washed my face and put a band-aid on the cut and went to kitchen and grabbed an ice pack, I have a major headache now. I walked into my room to see all the boys except Keaton sitting on my bed. They looked at me with worried eyes.

"Brooke..." "No! I don't wanna talk about it... just get out.." I'm starting to push them away now, great. They left but Caiden stayed, "what Caiden?" I asked frustrated.

"Who did this?" He asked as he pointed to my face. I huffed, "none of your business, get. out." I was getting mad. "not until you tell me." "fine." I left and walked into Caiden's room locking his door and laying on his bed falling asleep.

*dream*

I was walking in a forest and it was quiet and peaceful until I heard a twig snap. "Keaton?" a deep chuckle came from behind me. "he can't help you this time princess." brian.. I screamed and tried to run, but he pinned me against a tree and covered my mouth. I bit his hand and screamed again, but he slapped me. "shut up!" I cried and sat leaning on the tree. "help keaton.. stop avoiding me..." I whispered. "who? this Keaton?" He turned sideways and I saw a motionless body. no! I screamed as ran to the body laying on it. please, no, no, Keaton wake up! he wasn't breathing. I kissed his face all over, and tried waking him up. I was covered in blood when I finally gave up and walked over to Brian. "what do you want from me?" "this." he pinned me against the tree again and started kissing my neck.

I screamed sitting up in Caiden's bed. the door burst open, "what's wrong brooke???" I cried and leaned on Garrett. "h-horrible dream..." "What was it about?" Jacob asked sweetly. I shook my head and stumbled past the boys. "keaton????" he wasn't answering. I opened his door and he was gone.

"WHERE THE HELL IS KEATON?!" I screamed. "he is outside, what's wrong brookiee?" Caiden was worried. I huffed and opened the back door to see Keaton sitting in the grass. "Keaton!!!" I ran over to him and hugged him tightly. He was shocked and pushed me off of him to see who hugged him. he could tell I was crying and held me tightly and let me cry even more. "what's wrong princess?" I froze, and looked at him. I touched his face, "you're alive right??" I touched everywhere and he chuckled. "Yes, what happened?" he looked at the boys and they shrugged, "she woke up from her nap screaming. you didn't hear it?? Keaton shook his head, "brooke what happened in your dream sweetie?" I took an unsteady deep breath.

"I was in the forest then there was Brian and then you... not moving.. and I freaked out, and Brian touching me..." Keaton froze and grabbed my face, "it's ok, I won't let Brian touch you" he kissed my forehead and I held onto him like my life depended on it. "don't leave me alone Keaton, stop avoiding me please." he tightened his grip and then sat me next to him. "guys? can we talk privately please?" they left me and Keaton alone and I looked at him cofused.

"Ok.. I need to tell you my past ok? just don't judge me until I finish.." I nodded politely and tried to stop the tears that wanted to spill over again.

"When I was 8 I lost both my parents and was sent with my uncle, my sister and brother came along as well. but my uncle would abuse us and yell at us all the time. one night he went to go to my sister room with a gun, and I stopped him by hitting him with a shovel. he turned around and punched me I the face, and he was really drunk. I started to cry, but he continued to my sisters room and I heard gun shots, I screamed and ran in to see my sister lifeless and blood everywhere. I cried and never came out of my room until police arrived to take my uncle away. they said I would be safe now, which I believed. When I was 14 almost 15, I had a girlfriend, her name was Mariah.. me and her were great until my uncle got out of jail.. I started to yell at her, and do drugs. I was terrified for my life an took it out on her. I told her to stay away from me but she didn't listen.. and I started to hit her and I couldn't control myself no matter how much I tried, my uncles face kept popping up everywhere. so I always took it out on her. finally she broke it off and never texted or talked to me again, which I deserved. I've called a couple times just to apologize but no answers. that's why I'm staying away from you because I'm too scared to hurt you brooke."

Of course I couldn't judge him.. it's his past and he didn't mean to. I care too much about him to let that change my mind. he means a lot to me already and I've only known these boys for a couple months and those couple months Keaton has avoided me, and I finally got him to open up, I'm not getting rid of him because of that. But I now understand why he avoided me.. It was so I wouldn't get hurt and I respected that, he was after all a sweet guy, and meant to do me no harm. which the only harm he had caused was me being hurt that he was avoiding me, but that's over and done with. I have him now.

I wiped the tears on his cheeks and kisses him softly. "Keaton, that was almost ten years ago. I think you'll be fine. look at me, I like you for you. I don't want anyone else but you Keaton. don't let me go because you're afraid. I won't leave, and I'll help you as much as I can. I promise. don't avoid me, don't push me away anymore. I can't take it.." I looked at the ground and he lifted my chin. He smiled and kissed the tears away that were on my cheeks.

" I wont, i promise. and I won't let Brian touch you ever again. you're my girl now, and he's not getting in the way of that." I smiled slightly and laid my head on his shoulder. I sighed and closed my eyes.