missing home

Megan POV: 

I bathed a little longer scrubbing my exposed flesh with a small bar of what they called soap, I sniffed it the first time and accidentally inhaled too much causing me to feel quite ill for a few moments. I learned not to eat it after the second time. well...the third.

After cleaning and washing the dirt or any remnants from my chocolate brown hair I thread my fingers through it combing it much easier now since it was no longer knotted. I felt relaxed whenever I did it now and it felt great when the maids had done it before and I guess I took a strange liking to it. 

I then sat up and picked up my damp heavy wet tail from the under the baths water. I hauled it over my thighs as I scratched through it ridding any dirt the maids had not gotten due to me being overprotective of it. 

After scrubbing it clean I stood and dried myself off with the now slightly familiar white fluffy towel. I learned soon enough how to tuck it around my body to not only keep warm but to cover myself as well. I heard a dainty familiar knock on the door startling me out of my thoughts.

"it's just me miss, I have new fabrics for your new garment and I have some undergarments for you as well," Feya said as she gently opened the door. She smiled when she saw me and handed me another pair of undergarments gently taking my previous items out with her. 

I changed again into the uncomfortable clothing of undergarments and I opened the door as she held out what she called a robe for me to slip into. 

I felt the sleek soft fabric between my fingers and slipped it on over my body as it wrapped snugly around my figure. She smiled at my taken aback expression "its called silk, it's a robe for after bathing it is only temporary, however" I nodded in response and she turned and took a few extra measurements of my waist and thighs. She hummed a tune I was not familiar with as she took a dainty pin in her mouth from a piece of fabric. She held a dark greyish square up to my chest and tilted her head in thought. 

She took it back down and nodded to herself, I watched as she took a blue piece of fabric. again between her fingers laying it down the length of my leg until it touched the floor. "that should do.." she mumbled to herself. I now felt more confident in her presence, I trusted she knew what fabrics to use and she had given me the right meals I was meant to eat so I felt I would be alright in her presence. 

She flickered across the floor to a box she had brought in grabbing a note pad and writing down a series of numbers and patterns. She looked back up to me and tilted her head in thought once more then looked back to the paper and wrote again. 

I waited patiently  glancing at the variety of silks, leathers and other materials she had laid out on my familiar desk.  "yep, yep, andddd yep" she finished to herself as I stood quietly eyeing her movements she looked up to me with a smile "I will be right back!" and with that darted out of the room. 

I watched as the doors closed behind her and instantly began to think of home her cheerful tone reminded me so much of, "Maya" I muttered. It felt so strange and unfamiliar hearing my voice again, it had been around 3 or 4 days since I had arrived hear in my enemies' place of living.

I should be long dead by now but thankfully I wasn't just yet, I missed the pack members, Maya my best friend probably thought me dead. 

I hoped she would fair well without me, there was no hope for me. Escaping was not an option. I'm in a palace for crying out loud! I wouldn't get back to Morkia, home. Odin had banished all shifters he thought a danger in the 9 realms there.  We all despised him for it and now even more so that I was now back in the dreadful place I would much rather be home than here on my own.

I heard small footsteps echoing quickly back through the halls and straightened my face and posture as Feya entered.

 This time she clutched a blue and dark greyish long flowing dress which reached the floor as she folded it over her arm littered with small flowers. My eyes widened slightly at the massive garment ready to be placed upon me.

If the other garment beforehand was uncomfortable it was an understatement to what this one was going to be like. 

"Oh don't be so shocked!" she giggled at my taken aback face "You are meeting the queen, after all, the least we can do is make you look the part" she jested. look the part... the last thing I would ever wish to be is Asgardian. Traitorous, cowardice, unworthy of ruling.

I held back my grimace at her words as she approached me with the large gown in her small dainty hands. "I had the other maids combine their work efforts so it would be done much quicker" she added as she held it up to me "perfect, now let's get you changed,"

She carefully lay the garment back behind me onto the Prince's bed and took my robe from my shoulders allowing it to fall into her hands. She gently folded the robe and lay it flat on the bed as she picked up the large garment and slid it over my body.

She did up a small zip in the back causing me to stiffen as the dress became noticing more fitting to my body. I heard her giggle and raised and I eyebrow even though she couldn't see it "Oh don't worry at least your waist is small enough to not need a corset!" she teased. I wanted to ask what this 'corset' was but kept my mouth shut.

I looked down and felt the soft fabric between my fingers, I have never worn such an item of clothing like this before

I looked down and felt the soft fabric between my fingers, I have never worn such an item of clothing like this before. It oddly increased my sense of power and experience now that I was learning so much.