19- Vengeful

Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Vengeful

Claire's POV

It's frightening how well I knew the place. It was frightening how I knew how to get here or where it even was. I mean sure I've been here before, I used to be one of those cold hearted assassins. I was right outside of the red room with only 2 goals: find my best friend and light the damn place up.

I check the bullets in my guns and make sure my bow is in good condition as well as my quiver filled with arrows. I took a deep breath and waited until that little voice inside my head said,

Go

I put arrows through the security and hid my bow in quiver in the rocks. I walked myself through the doors and shot my guns at the assassins; perfect head shots if I do say so myself.

If I know this place like I think I do they should be holding Belle on the other side of the compound. Piece of cake.

I killed almost everyone I found threatening and made sure to plant time bombs every twenty steps I took. This wasn't normal. There should be more skilled assassins. No matter what I think I'm not that good. Then I thought. They could be brainwashing her. I put a little more speed into my step and rounded the corners placing the time bombs accordingly.

Soon enough I was on the other side. I checked all of the rooms and came across one that held a very familiar blond girl in a SHIELD uniform, or at least it was a SHIELD uniform. I kicked in the door and saw my friend strapped to a bed similar to one in a hospital. I pulled a pocket knife from my boot and cut one of the straps before throwing it at the woman stalking behind me. She ducked and it missed her. I recognized her face.

"Hello Alexa" she greeted me venomously. I hated that name.

"Anastasia" I spat with even more venom. I truly loathed this woman.

"Hm. What an improvement. You'd breakdown at that name all the time" her thick Russian accent said.

"With the mood I'm in, i'm pretty unbreakable" She scowled and I put on a thinking face. "Wait a minute what was I here to do?" Anastasia shot a gun at me, but missed. "Right" I pulled out a gun and began to shoot at her. She knows I rarely miss so Im gonna have to use that to my advantage. I got close enough to kick the gun from her hands and from there it was a fist fight. With me still having my gun it was an advantage and a disadvantage.

I kicked her in her weak spot in the center of her chest and she fell onto her back. I put one foot on her stomach and the other on her throat.

"Go to hell" she sneered.

"You first" I shot her in her head and she went limp. "Thats what you get for messing with my brain you bitch" Not giving a second thought about it I pulled the knife out of the wall and cut the rest of the straps holding my best friend down to the bed. She was either unconscious or put to sleep. Either way she was alive.

I nudged her a little and she stirred awake. Her black eye prevented her from opening it all the way. The cuts on her uniform tell me where she had been injured. From the looks of it she's too injured to walk.

"Claire? What- what are you doing here?" She asked weakly.

"I came for you of course" I answered. Her gaze shifted to the ground and her eyes widened.

"You killed her?!" She asked incredulously. I forgot the logistics division doesn't major in killing

"Elle here it's kill or be killed, I didn't disobey direct orders for a suicide mission. Now let's go" I stood on the bed and reached for the vent in the low celling.

•••••>

We made it out of the compound alive thankfully and away from the compound. I grabbed my bow and arrows from the rocks and pressed the detonator located in my quiver. The compound burst into flames and a smirk made its way onto my face.

"Take that you psychotic bastards!" I shouted to the debris. I shot an arrow and it landed right in front of the burning building. I put it there to tell anyone who comes across it that I was there. Not smart, but it felt good.

"So what now?" Belle asked holding her injured arm.

"Now we get out of here and get you a medic"

•••••>

Belle and I got back to base and she was taken to a medic whereas I was put into handcuffs. The 5 agents around me didn't dare lay a finger on me. I may be under arrest but I did save at least three of their lives the least they could do is not touch me.

I was sent into Fury's office. The agents by the door were dismissed and I was invited to sit in a seat. I did and in a swift motion I took my handcuffs off. They jingled as i dropped them on his desk.

"Where is Agent Simon?"

"Medical wing" he nodded slowly.

"The red room?"

"Most likely still on fire" I said smirking to myself.

"Why did you go without a team?"

"Because then I'd have to take precautions and follow rules. I was gonna kill them and I wanted to be the last person they saw before I did" I said angrily.

"Any prisoners?" He asked.

"The red room doesn't take prisoners" I stated

"What about Agent Simon?" He said.

"She was bait" I clarified. "I was bait. The red room doesn't show mercy, or at least it didn't"

"You still disobeyed direct orders and as punishment you are due for immediate leave"

"W-wait your firing me?" I asked in disbelief. I jumped up from my chair and started dancing "I'm fired! I'm fired! So long stupid SHIELD!!" I ran out of the room prancing down the corridors going straight to my quarters and packed everything I owned. I thought of what I was gonna do. No more work, no way I was going to school, no parents to hold me back. Might as well go on vacation. My door opened and both my parents stepped in and closed the door behind them.

"You guys won't believe-"

"That you got fired? Yeah we heard. "I giggled and continued packing. "When exactly were you gonna let it slip that we were your parents?" I froze.

"Oh well you see what happened was after our mission together I was in a coma for 9 months. Then after that a Norse god decided he wanted to take over New York with an alien army. Then next thing I know my best friend is missing, and that led to me playing with explosives in a Russian assassins base. Now if you think about it, those are some pretty good reasons.

"Wait a minute. What Russian assassin base?" My father asked. I rolled my eyes and my mother stiffened.

"Don't worry it went down in flames. Why are you guys getting worked up over it anyway? Nothing's gonna change for you two. I'm leaving!" I said a smile returning to my face. They didn't say anything after that.

So I just left

Galápagos Islands here I come.