14- Not My Thing

Chapter 14

Not My Thing

Claire's POV

"You don't understand. I don't wait without an exact time. It's not my thing" I said emphasizing my disgust on 'waiting'. What does that do anyway. Patience in important situations sure, but waiting for orders? That could take forever!

"Your thing here doesn't matter. We take the necessary precautions because doing anything other than that is disobeying direct orders. We are under surveillance anything we do can easily be held against us"

"You think I care if I get put out of SHIELD? That'd be the best day of my life!" I exclaimed.

"and why is that?"

"I lived and breathed SHIELD. I swear my first words could have been 'yes sir' " I joked.

"Then what were they?" I bit the inside of my cheek but that didn't stop the blush of embarrassment from showing.

"Uncle Phil" I said with confidence. Though he acts sometime like a Superior officer to me he also portrays a family figure. Maria is the same. Talks like an agent acts like an aunt. Putting eagle eyes on anyone I find attractive. It's happened quite a lot of I do say so myself.

"Why Phil?"

"He took care of me. Even when he was gone he still looked out for me. I wanted my mother and my father and the closest thing to those figures are Aunt and Uncle"

"Understandable, now if you'd just be a bit more patient, maybe we'll get orders on what to do next" I huffed.

"You look tired. Go to bed, and actually sleep this time" I internally groaned and marched up the stairs to my room. I am really starting to get tired of being told what to do. You know what. I'm gonna be a rebel tonight.

I picked up my phone. "Hey, Kiera is it too late to have a sleepover?"

•••••••>

"So my parents are away for a conference but I've been fine with Charlie"

"Hasn't Cole been helping you?" I asked.

"He's only been asking you to take Charlie for walks so he can hang out with you. He really fancies you, I hope you know that" I nod. "Now how about we do our nails yeah?" Nails? Whoa. back up not my thing.

••••>

"Glitter looks great on you" Kiera complemented.

"Thanks." I said trying my hardest not to grit my teeth. I should've seen this coming. this is what some people do at sleepovers.

"I'm feeling a bit peckish would you like something to eat?"

"Yes please"

~~~~~~~~~>

Another lazy chapter! Sorry but the next one definitely won't be *wink wink*.