11- Date Night

Chapter 11

Date Night

Claire's POV

"Like, a date?" I asked to clarify.

"Yeah if that's okay?" Cole asked. I nodded smiling.

"Sure, I don't mind" I said. "See you soon" Cole walked away off to his house and I began to get ready in my room.

The gala Kiera invited us to was tonight tonight and I now have a date. 'Us' meaning me and my parents.

I had just gotten out of the shower when I stepped into my room to change. I glanced at my outfit before I went to close the blinds. Then I saw something that would turn this whole thing around.

Natasha's POV

It was almost time to go so I called for Claire. When she didn't come down i called for her again. Still no answer. I glanced at Clint and walked up to her room knowing that he wouldn't. I knocked softly on her door and opened it when I didn't hear an answer. I entered the dark room to see Claire standing in front of her window in nothing but a towel wrapped around her body. Her brunette hair was still dripping water and she made no movements to turn around.

"You know how they say never to get attached to a mission?...or never take the hurting things to heart?" She asked softly. We both knew if she spoke any louder her voice would crack, she was crying. I walk closer, my heels clicking against the wooden floor with every step. "Well I just did both of those things" she said letting her voice crack. I finally got close enough to the window to see two figures kissing, one of them being Cole. I clenched my fist but calmed down when she turned to me with tears in her eyes.

Her eyes were green so she must have already put in her contacts. I wanted to hug her, which isn't very normal for me, but I still needed to be professional about this. I put a hand on her shoulder and looked at her with serious eyes.

"Don't let it bother you, he's an idiot for doing something like that to someone who can easily beat him to a pulp" She chuckled wiping tears from her face. "But you also have to remember that his actions don't control you. You are the boss of yourself, you are in charge of making yourself happy and no one should be able to make you feel bad" she nodded.

"Do I still have to go? By this time I will definitely not be ready" she asked. It wasn't an option for her not to go so I guess showing up a little bit later wouldn't hurt.

"You're still going but Clint and I are gonna leave now, you can catch up" She nodded and gave me a small smile.

"Thanks" she whispered. I nodded and left the room closing the door. He's really gonna get it this time. I went back down the step to see Clint waiting by the door impatiently in his tuxedo.

"What took you so long? and where is Valentine we're going to be late!" i ignored him and opened the door.

"Shes gonna catch up with us later." I said.

"Wait what?" He asked.

"I'll explain in the car"